DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Workers compensation ParalegalFL - Orlando
Pay Rate: $45,000 - $65,000 per year
Job Summary: The Workers' Compensation Paralegal will provide comprehensive support to attorneys specializing in workers' compensation law. This role involves managing and organizing case files, conducting legal research, and assisting in the preparation of legal documents. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of workers' compensation procedures, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced legal environment.
- Manage and organize workers' compensation case files, ensuring all relevant documents are maintained accurately.
- Keep track of important deadlines, hearings, and court appearances.
- Coordinate with clients, medical professionals, and other parties involved in the case.
- Conduct legal research on workers' compensation laws, regulations, and precedent cases.
- Stay updated on changes in workers' compensation laws and inform attorneys of relevant updates.
- Assist in drafting legal documents, including pleadings, motions, discovery requests, and responses.
- Prepare and file legal documents with the appropriate courts and agencies.
- Communicate with clients to gather necessary information and provide updates on case progress.
- Collaborate with attorneys, other paralegals, and legal assistants within the firm.
- Assist in the discovery process by gathering and organizing relevant information.
- Prepare responses to discovery requests and coordinate document production.
- Attend hearings, trials, and other legal proceedings as necessary.
- Coordinate with court personnel, opposing counsels, and other parties during legal proceedings.
- Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certification from an accredited institution.
- Proven experience as a paralegal, with a focus on workers' compensation law.
- Strong understanding of workers' compensation procedures and regulations.
- Proficiency in legal research, case management software, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.