DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Senior Accounting SupervisorPR - San juan
Pay Rate: $54,400 - $60,100 per year
Senior Accountant - Supervisor
The Senior Accountant - Supervisor is the primary person responsible for supervising Accountants processing clients' accounts payable. The employee will also be processing clients' accounts payable, as needed, in addition to performing all tasks and special projects assigned. The employee must have a solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP and accounting internal controls, specifically those related to accounts payable. The Senior Accountant Supervisor will need to be in constant communication with clients, and be able to understand clients' businesses, which operations are located in P.R. and in the U.S.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Senior Accountant-Supervisor, your general duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding clients' business operations in P.R. and in the U.S.
- Able to effectively communicate with US clients' CEOs and CFOs.
- Experience as a supervisor
- Have strong knowledge of accounting internal controls and US GAAP.
- Obtaining and processing clients' accounts payables transactions on a timely basis performing clients' three-way-match and paying through ACH and wires.
- Completing and keeping monthly scorecard and three-way match analysis reports, and any other client analytics and statistics to be presented to management.
- Proactively and professionally maintain communication with clients' top executives on a regular basis to be aware of changes occurring in clients' operations and needs.
- Responsible for understanding client's business in the U.S. and P.R.
- Alert supervisor and management in a timely manner of any changes in the volume or pattern of vendor invoices, any changes in the P.R. and U.S. businesses and any non-compliance or potential non-compliance issues or changes in client's operations and needs.
- On board and train new clients in accordance with Accounting timelines process and procedures.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts with subsidiary ledgers and prepare any required general ledger account analyses.
- Identify and provide explanations on key metrics variations.
- Assist, when needed, in preparing client projections.
- Bill and collect professional fees, including design phase fees.
- Develop metrics to measure profitability and compliance as needed; develop internal controls, procedures, systems, and forecasting techniques to analyze clients' income statement expense accounts.
- Assists with annual financial and tax external audits.
- Maintain the integrity of accounting and budgeting software systems by checking for errors and inconsistencies.
- Protect the organization's value and intellectual property by keeping all information confidential.
- Other projects as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, with a minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of combined experience in the full Accounting Cycle, Fiscal planning, Consolidation, and Public Accounting.
- From five (5) to eight (8) years of experience as an External or Internal Senior Auditor is required.
- Experience developing action plans.
- Very strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, analytical, problem solving, impeccable attention to detail, organizational skills with strategic thinking and planning, customer service oriented.
- Ability to work on multiple, complex projects, simultaneously and see them to completion with limited supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Excellent people skills.