DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Escrow AssistantCA - Palm Springs
Pay Rate: $20 - $22 per hour
We are seeking a detail-oriented and organized individual to join our team as an Escrow Assistant. In this role, you will provide essential support to the escrow officers and facilitate the smooth operation of escrow transactions. The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Assist escrow officers in all aspects of the escrow process, including opening and closing escrow accounts, preparing escrow instructions, and reviewing relevant legal documents.
- Coordinate with lenders, real estate agents, buyers, sellers, and other parties to gather necessary information and documentation for escrow transactions.
- Prepare and review escrow documents, including contracts, deeds, title reports, settlement statements, and other related paperwork.
- Facilitate communication and maintain regular contact with clients and stakeholders to provide updates on the status of escrow transactions and address any inquiries or concerns.
- Perform accurate data entry and maintain organized and up-to-date files and records of escrow activities.
- Prepare and disburse funds in accordance with instructions and in compliance with legal and company policies.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, meetings, and signings related to escrow transactions.
- Conduct research and gather information on properties, title records, and other relevant data to ensure a smooth escrow process.
- Collaborate with title companies, lenders, and other third-party service providers to obtain necessary documentation and resolve any issues or discrepancies.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies throughout the escrow process.
- Assist with post-closing activities, including recording documents, generating closing packages, and preparing final settlement statements.
- Provide exceptional customer service and maintain professionalism when interacting with clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional training or certification in escrow or real estate is preferred.
- Proven experience working as an escrow assistant or in a similar role within a title company, escrow company, or real estate firm.
- Strong knowledge of escrow processes, title insurance, and real estate transactions.
- Familiarity with relevant legal documents, such as purchase agreements, deeds, and settlement statements.
- Proficiency in using escrow software, Microsoft Office Suite, and other relevant computer applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact with clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Understanding of confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.