DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Legal Assistant / Legal SecretaryCA - Los Angeles
Pay Rate: $31 - $33 per hour
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Legal Secretary / Legal Assistant to join our legal team. The ideal candidate will provide essential administrative and clerical support to our attorneys and ensure the smooth functioning of the legal office. This role requires exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist attorneys in managing and organizing legal documentation, correspondence, and case files.
- Prepare and format legal documents, such as pleadings, motions, briefs, contracts, and agreements.
- Conduct research using legal databases and other resources to gather relevant information for cases.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, meetings, and court hearings for attorneys.
- Maintain calendars, track deadlines, and provide timely reminders to attorneys regarding upcoming tasks and events.
- Communicate with clients, witnesses, and other parties to schedule appointments, relay messages, and gather information.
- File and maintain physical and electronic documents, ensuring accurate and up-to-date records.
- Assist with document production and coordination of discovery processes.
- Proofread legal documents and correspondence for grammar, spelling, and formatting accuracy.
- Assist in the preparation of trial exhibits, including organizing and indexing evidence.
- Manage and prioritize incoming communications, including phone calls, emails, and mail.
- Handle billing and invoicing tasks, including timekeeping and preparing client invoices.
- Collaborate with internal team members and external parties to facilitate efficient workflow and ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive information and legal matters.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional certification or training in legal administration is a plus.
- Proven experience working as a legal secretary, legal assistant, or in a similar role within a law firm or legal department.
- Solid understanding of legal terminology, court procedures, and document preparation.
- Proficiency in using legal software, document management systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in document preparation and proofreading.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with clients, attorneys, and colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.