DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Purchasing AgentAZ - Phoenix
Pay Rate: $18 - $20 per hour
Shift - M-Th: 9AM – 6PM; F: 8AM – 5PM; 1 hr. lunch. OT may apply
- Facilitates the procurement of food and non-food items from other company locations and vendors.
- Monitors and assesses daily inventory levels.
- Addresses shipping issues promptly and escalates problems to management when necessary.
- Responds to inquiries related to products, shipping schedules, item statuses, inventory discrepancies, and substitute items.
- Supports food safety initiatives and collaborates with the Sales Department to manage customer returns and complaints
- Collaborates with the Warehouse Department to ensure accurate inventory counts, quality assurance for physical inventory, expiration dates, damages, missing products, and conducts adjustments as required.
- Assists in identifying new suppliers and procurement resources.
- Conducts research on new products and provides sales representatives with information on products and how to introduce them to customers.
- Negotiates pricing and deals with vendors for competitive pricing.
- Participates in company events and functions outside of regular working hours.
- Ad hoc duties
- Proficiency in English and Japanese at a business level is required. (Open to Chinese or Korean speakers as well)
- Maintains a positive attitude in the workplace.
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team.
- Capable of adjusting to frequent changes in assignments and workload.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, with a preference for a major in Business or related fields.
- At least one year of purchasing experience is preferred.