DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Licensed Vocational NurseCA - Santa Clarita
Pay Rate: $28 - $35 per hour
The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for the assessment, treatment planning, intervention, monitoring, evaluation and documentation on identified High Risk members.
The LVN will assess and develop a care plan in collaboration with the Primary Care Physician, member, and other health care practitioners as needed. The goal of the position is to effectively manage members on an outpatient basis to assure the appropriate level-of-care is provided, to prevent in patient admission and re-admissions, and ensure that the members' medical, environmental, and psychosocial needs are met over the continuum of care.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Functions as liaison between administration, members, physicians and other healthcare providers.
2. Interacts professionally with member/family/physicians and involves member/family/physicians in formation of the plan of care.
3. Performs a Clinical Assessment/Questionnaire of the member and determines an acuity score for necessary scheduled follow-up.
4. Develops an outcome-based plan of care, based on the member's input and assessed member needs. Implements and evaluates the plan of care as often as needed as evidenced by documentation in the member's case file.
5. Documents member assessment and reassessment, member care plans, and other pertinent information completed in the member's medical records.
6. Identifies planned and unplanned transitions of care from Requests for Services or daily inpatient and SNF census.
7. Educates the member/caregiver on the transition process and how to reduce unplanned transitions of care.
8. Manages transition of care from the sending to receiving settings ensuring that the Plan of Care moves with the member and updates/modifies the care plan as the member's health care status changes.
9. Communicates appropriately and clearly with physicians, in patient case managers and Prior-Authorization nurses
10. Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of the members and family and facilitates consultations with Social Worker, as necessary.
11. Identifies and addresses pharmacological needs of the members and facilitates consultations with the pharmacy department, as necessary.
12. Responsible for the coordination of clinic appointments, medication reconciliation, PCP and SPC visits.
13. Meet with members/caregiver face to face in different locations (clinic, home, hospital, and community) in order to build a rapport with member so that the case manager can better support member/caregiver with care coordination and the plan of care.
14. Other duties as assigned by management.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Care Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Required)
- LVN (Required)
Work Location: In person