DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Escrow Officer - CarlsbadTX - Dallas
Pay Rate: $23 - $25 per hour
Escrow Officer - Carlsbad
Purpose of Job
The Escrow Officer facilitates a closing, ensuring all documents and balances required to complete a sales and mortgage transaction are properly prepared and executed and is responsible for all aspects of their desk/unit; personal marketing efforts, and capture rates, as well as directing and supervising any assistants.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Oversee all aspects of a closing: Receive and review all new contracts, prepare estimated closing statements for buyer and seller, prepare files for signing, monitor the closing, audit escrow file.
- Request that all necessary information has been ordered and is accurate, i.e. payoff, abstract, title evidence, reports, mortgage documentation, and other pertinent information and review for completeness and compliance.
- Ensure that title issues are resolved prior to closing
- Prepare and submit closed loan package, deposits and disbursement documentation, recording package, final policy package, and/or commission package to appropriate department or entities.
- Prepare HUD Settlement Statements and other required miscellaneous documents
- Mentor new employees and supervise direct assistants.
- Actively seek new business by attending sales meetings, real estate company events, company escrow meetings, company management meetings, and interact with lending and banking.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected timeframes and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers, and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct, and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
Education:High school diploma or equivalent.
A minimum of two years experience as a Junior Escrow Officer.
One to two years of supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong personal computer skills.
- The Positionmay require strong marketing and sales skills.
- Superior communication skills, including presentation skills. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. And the ability to work as a member in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently under deadline pressure, withtheability to occasionally work extra hours during peak times of the month.
- A highdegree of integrity, self-motivated, organized,detail-oriented, and possesses a strong aptitude for figures. Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
Other (licenses, certifications, schedule flexibility/OT, travel, etc.):
- Will require approval from the Department of Business Oversight (DBO).
This job description is intended to be a general guideline for applicants, employees, and managers. Management reserves the right to modify job responsibilities, expectations, and qualifications. Actual position responsibilities may vary. Refer to position supervisor or human resources for specific duties and performance expectations.