DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Intellectual Property ParalegalFL - Fort Lauderdale West Palm Beach
Pay Rate: $75,000 per hour
The Paralegal is responsible for assisting with a full range of Patent and Trademark matters for a busy IP practice. This includes assisting with preparation, docketing, electronic filing, portfolio management and registration and maintenance of Patent and Trademark applications.
- Research and compile information pertaining to national and international intellectual property rights.
- Prepare status summary reports for attorneys and clients.
- Coordinate international filings with foreign law offices and/or other foreign entities.
- Collaborate with Docketing Team to ensure due dates for actions, including responses, renewals, oppositions, Section 8 and 15 affidavits, use affidavits, Patent Cooperation Treaty requirements, and payments of patent annuities in foreign countries are properly docketed and tracked.
- Assist in intellectual property-related litigation.
- Assist in oppositions, interferences and cancellations; draft necessary pleadings for use in these inter partes
Trademarks & Patents
- Perform on-line searches of Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) records, industry databases and general legal research.
- Conduct searches for information regarding trademarks.
- File applications, statements of use, renewal applications, affidavits of use, and assignments.
- Draft responses to PTO actions and oppositions.
- Police client's trademarks to guard against potential infringements.
- Maintain foreign trademarks, which include corresponding directly with foreign associates and instructing them to search trademarks and to file applications, renewals, affidavits of use and oppositions.
- Obtain legalizations and certifications for filing foreign trademarks.
- Draft and file renewal applications and infringement letters.
- Research and compile information about notice requirements, longevity of enforcement, and renewal options.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years intellectual practice paralegal experience, patent experience preferred.
- Associate's degree required; Bachelor's Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate from ABA approved program preferred.
- Significant, substantive legal related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task efficiently and be an independent thinker.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally and provide exceptional service, internally and externally, at all times.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize workflow and manage projects.
- Ability to perform effectively with little or no supervision and within established time limits and on-going deadlines.