DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
CNC MachinistPR - San Juan
Pay Rate: $13 per hour
JobTracks Caribbean is currently seeking an experienced CNC Machinist. The ideal candidate will work independently, utilize available equipment to produce high quality product in a timely and professional manner. Tends fabricating machine's essential duties and responsibilities, etc. Candidate will have a background in CNC machining set-up, understand G-code & the cartesian coordinate system. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Responsibilities of the CNC Machinist:
- CNC Machinist operate and Set-up CNC machines within specified tolerances following work instructions and in accordance with machine programs and engineering drawings;
- Perform difficult CNC Machinist work including progressive machining of a variety of parts and different metals where very close tolerances must be maintained;
- Change dull tooling, and/or make minor offsets and adjustments as needed for tooling wear;
- CNC Machinist monitor machine for irregularities.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures, work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
- CNC Machinist support the development of new products by fabricating prototype components.
- CNC Machinist execute work orders in a timely manner.
- Review incoming work orders for scheduling and completeness.
- Procure necessary raw materials.
- CNC Machinist maintain files in an organized fashion.
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained and shop is kept in a clean, organized and safe state.
- CNC Machinist assist others with machine shop services as required.
- Provide design consulting to engineering.
- CNC Machinist keep work areas clean, organized, and safe.
- Record all activities in a timely manner on the job tracking system;
- Identify and support Continuous Improvement activities;
Qualifications of CNC Machinist position:
- Ability to set up and prove out new work, edit programs, and build fixtures
- Ability to coach, train and communicate with department personnel
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Ability to change tools and offsets
- Ability to execute tasks in a timely manner under minimal supervision.
- Able to prioritize tasks.
- Computer literacy required, Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SAP desired.
- Strong Mechanical and trouble shooting ability
- Strong interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, contributing to a team oriented environment.
- Experience operating CNC Mills, Lathes, and/or Mill-Turn machines
- Experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment
- Ability to effectively use measuring equipment such as Micrometers, Calipers, Video Measuring System, etc.
- CNC Machinist needs excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- CNC Machinist must knowledge of plastic injection molds
- Knowledge of part and component drawings.