DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Senior Learning and Development SpecialistCA - Rancho Cucamonga
A Senior Learning and Development (L&D) Specialist is responsible for working with Subject
Matter Experts (SME) to coordinate activities and develop learning content. The content created serves as the foundation to conducting assessments that measure the efficacy of learning program outcomes.
- Personally, provides exceptional member service; uses Arrowhead Service Standards in every work- related interaction.
- Uses their understanding of credit union operations, frontline and department functions, to recommend enhancements that support the organization's service model.
- Supports a culture of learning by collaborating with key business partners and stakeholders to enhance learner performance based on organizational service goals.
- May travel and provide onsite training to designated SMEs at branches and support departments in all learning environments, including on-the-job training, learning centers and virtual events.
- In partnership with L&D leadership, consults with managers, facilitators, or process owners to develop formal and informal learning programs.
- In partnership with department leadership, creates and maintains a SME development program which includes feedback and observation surveys.
- Collaborates with SMEs and Mentors to maintain and develop training materials for traditional, social, on-demand and career learning.
- Develop, design and create and implements course materials and learning resources for a variety of audiences and learning delivery methods, i.e., planned, social, on-demand and career learning options.
- Collects data and conducts analysis on the impact of learning and provides results to L&D leadership.
- Conducts real-time observations throughout the organization which includes classrooms, branches and/or departments, to ensure consistency in skill and service experience.
- Is proficient in learning design and learning content authoring tools.
- Suggests learning solutions to meet technical and behavioral training needs that support compliance with Arrowhead Credit Union's policies and procedures.
- Has the ability to facilitate learning in various learning strategies, i.e., role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, and lectures.
- May assist as needed with Mentor program in partnership with department leadership to conduct needs analysis, program design, delivery, evaluation and participant management including registration process and administration functions.
- Responsible for promoting and increasing team members knowledge of our share and lending products and services by assisting in the coordination of Arrowhead Credit Union nitiatives/promotions.
- Serves as back up administrator for the learning management system (LMS).
- Assists with the scheduling of learning events based on availability of resources, lassrooms, equipment, and instructors.
- Actively interacts and participates with community of learning and development professionals to improve understanding of learning strategies and incorporates them into their current role.
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) /Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) laws/regulations applicable to area of responsibility and complies with all laws/regulations.
Positions directly supervised: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies required for this position:
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Communication/presentation proficiency
- Decision making abilities
- Ethical conduct
- Member service focus
- Organization skills
- Phone/e-mail etiquette
- Problem solving
- Relationship management
- Sense of urgency/fast pace
- Strong project contributor
- Technical capacity
- Time management
- Willingness to embrace changes
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position:
This position requires intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills that includes Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and navigating the internet, operating video conferencing and the ability to perform accurate data input into a variety of software programs. Ability to proficiently operate a variety of learning software programs including Storyline 360, Camtasia, Snagit, Kahoot, Powtoons, LMS Cornerstone, Symitar, and Akcelerant programs.
Ability to use correct English grammar, punctuation and spelling; read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, policies, procedures, memorandums and training materials; apply adult learning principles in training design, presentation, teaching and evaluation methods; effective interpersonal, verbal, written communication and problem solving skills; speak clearly so others can understand; to write routine correspondence and communicate effectively and tactfully, orally and in writing with all Team Members including management. Ability to present ideas orally either individually or in group situations; ability to use correct English grammar, punctuation and spelling; ability to produce written information which may include technical material that is appropriate for the intended audience.
Ability to assume responsibility, display initiative, exercise good judgement and make/act upon sound business decisions on complex issues with little to no supervision; ability to provide courteous, knowledgeable and professional team member service both in person and on the telephone.
Ability to work in a high-demand, deadline-sensitive atmosphere; ability to be flexible and able to work in a focused, multi-tasking environment and deliver on deadline; reviews work for precision, clarity and completeness in order to produce quality results.
Able to maintain up-to-date knowledge in area of practice; ability to take responsibility for own learning and development by acquiring and refining the technical and professional skills needed in job-related areas. Ability to work cooperatively with others as part of a formal or informal team to accomplish Credit Union goals; ability to respect the needs, ideas and contributions of others.
Ability to work with diverse population base. Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks and projects. Broad understanding of techniques and philosophies of adult learning. In-depth knowledge of branch operations, policies, procedures and products and services. Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills. Works independently and with all levels of team members.
Demonstrates an aptitude for conducting training courses covering a wide array of operational and team member development topics; Exhibits self-motivation and being a team player; builds strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or its equivalent is required. Associate of Arts (AA) degree required or equivalent to three (3) to five (5) years of working experience in a training and development capacity with formal classroom training required. Experience in both technical and behavioral training. Instructional Design Certification required or commitment to obtaining an Instructional Design Certification within six (6) months of start date. Experience with Cornerstone (LMS), financial software applications and loan systems preferred.
Compliance: Ability to ensure all technical learning content aligns with regulatory requirements and credit union policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act; SAFE Act; Anti Money Laundering; OFAC; Regulation CC; and Regulation Z.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate and understand written and oral language and the ability to effectively present information. Ability to prepare and make comprehensive presentations, participates in formal debate, communicate extemporaneously, and communicate professionally before a variety of audiences.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic math skills to include adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: The ability to use common sense or logic to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Other Skills and Abilities: Comprehensive knowledge of financial products/services, functions, philosophy, and delivery channels. Ability to be bonded. The ability to exhibit positive behavior by interacting with Members and Team Members in a manner consistent with our warm, caring and friendly culture.
Certificates, licenses, etc. required for this position: Instructional Design Certification and Articulate Storyline Certificate desired.
Work Environment: This position operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, video conferencing technology, web cameras, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.