DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Financial Analyst ICA - Rancho Cucamonga
The Financial Analyst role provides analytical support for financial and business-related projects. Assists in the preparation, coordination, and documentation of financial projects including but not limited to financial performance and forecasts, revenue and expense analysis, investment analysis and regulatory reporting. Creates and analyses monthly and quarterly schedules to identify trends. Responsible for the reconciliation and analysis of key general ledger accounts with direct impact to income and expense. Creates and maintains monthly analytical schedules and forecasts utilized in month end and quarterly close. Assist with special projects involving financial forecasts and business- related data that identifies trends; coordinate with other analysts in project development as needed.
Essential Function and Job Responsibilities:
- Personally, provides exceptional member service; uses Service Standards in every work-related interaction.
- Actively participates in meeting the goals of the department and the Credit Union.
- Provides excellent service by using a positive and professional tone to assists callers and team members accurately, thoroughly and as efficiently as possible while maintaining consistent and friendly service. Ensures that a smile can be heard on each call.
- Uses organizational tools and techniques to complete tasks on time and successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously, with the ability to give unexpected status in any of the areas of responsibility.
- The FA 1 is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Operational accounts.
- May participate in training current and new Team Members of the Finance department.
- Able to accurately perform all key functions of the Junior Financial Analyst.
- Serves as an End User Authorization Contact (EUAC) for the organization and directly responsible for the security access to all Credit Union bank accounts and ensuring compliance to all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Assist in documenting and updating the department functions, process and procedures.
- Assist in departmental reporting to management, regulatory agencies, internal and external auditor; reports including but not limited to regulatory, monthly, and quarterly financial reporting.
- Develops schedules and analytical reports necessary for the completion of organizational reporting including but not limited to Call Report, and the Allowance for Loan Loss Reports.
- Performs investment and loan portfolio analysis and related ad hoc reports for Finance department.
- Actively participates in the month end processes
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring investment cash flow and account balances at Federal Home Loan Bank.
- Create month end reports which identify financial performance trends and risks utilizing economic data and local market conditions
- Prepares various month end and quarterly 5300 Call Report schedules.
- Creates and analyzes monthly reports and provides analysis of the information presented. Reports include, but are not limited to: Liquidity Report, Investment Compliance reports, Loan Quality Reports, and various other month end reports as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of departmental reports utilized by management which summarizes and forecasts the Credit Union's business activity and financial position in areas of assets, liabilities, income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and future operations.
- Assists with data compilation related to the ALLL calculation, investments and cash flow analysis utilized in financial forecasting
- Ability to apply finance and accounting concepts and has strong math and excel skills including what-if scenarios and finance tables.
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering
(AML) laws/regulations and Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) and complies with
all laws and regulations applicable to area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned and deemed necessary by Supervisor to achieve the goals of the
department and the Credit Union.
Positions directly supervised: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Competencies for this position:
- Accuracy/Attention to detail.
- Active Listening.
- Business Acumen.
- Calm Under Pressure.
- Communication/Presentation Proficiency.
- Conflict Management/Composure.
- Critical and Analytical Thinking.
- Decision Making.
- Efficient Multi-tasking in Fast-Paced Environment.
- Embracing Change.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Empathy and Understanding.
- Ethical Conduct/Practice.
- Friendly and Approachable.
- Knowledge Retention.
- Mastery of essential functions of the Jr. Financial Analyst.
- Member and Team Member Service Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Professionalism/Positive Behavior.
- Project Management.
- Relationship Management
- Sense of Urgency
- Sound Reasoning
- Team Member Development and Coaching
- Technical Capacity
- Telephone/Email Etiquette
- Time Management.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position:
Working knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal, state and local laws/regulations and compliance affecting the Credit Union.
Knowledge of operating a personal computer, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and navigating the internet; demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets, pivot tables, databases, and financial software applications. Ability to create pivots, graphs, spreadsheets and interpretive reports from financial database utilizing analytical software; solid knowledge of Accounting, Finance and projection procedures, Credit Union reporting, Balance Sheet, Income statements and 5300 Call Reporting and strong knowledge of the Symitar core accounting system.
Well-developed skills with the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to management as well as internal and external customers in an individual or group setting. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; Solid analytical, problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
Ability to perform key accounting and financial tasks to ensure accurate financial reporting of the Credit Union position. Ability to provide courteous, knowledgeable and professional member service both in person and on the telephone. Ability to work in a high-pressure environment; Ability to use correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; Ability to work cooperatively with others as part of a formal or informal team to accomplish Credit Union goals; ability to respect the needs, ideas, and contributions of others, ability to follow up on Member or Team Member complaints, questions or requests.
Ability to develop and interpret financial schedules utilizing analytical software. Ability to monitor and maintain the organizations key asset, liability, revenue and expense accounts; Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections; Ability to create interpretive analytical reports from financial database; Ability to develop financial projections and perform research and analysis as needed; Ability to read and interpret regulatory guidance to ensure compliance to financial guidelines, organizational policies and relevant legal regulations; Ability to document procedures and create memorandums; ability to train financial analyst at a junior level and operational analyst.
Ability to work independently and complete assignments with deadlines. Ability to assume responsibility, display initiative, exercise good judgement and make and act upon decisions with minimal supervision. Ability to make sound business decision on complex issues; Ability to work in a high demand, deadline sensitive atmosphere and complete projects timely and accurately; ability to be flexible and able to work in a focused multi-task environment; monitors and checks work for precision, clarity and completeness; produces quality results; ability to take responsibility to own
learning and development by acquiring and refining of technical and professional skills needed in job-related areas.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or its equivalent is required. A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or equivalent from a four-year college or equivalent combination of education and experience including a minimum of two (2) years of experience performing analytics or related experience in a financial institution (Bank or Credit Union). Eight years of directly-related experience can be substituted for the degree.
Compliance: Ability to maintain a proficient knowledge and compliance of all applicable rules and regulations under BSA/AML and OFAC regulations. This includes, but is not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act; SAFE Act; Anti Money Laundering; Regulation CC; and Regulation Z.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate and understand written and oral language and the ability to effectively present information. Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy/procedures.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to use, create and interpret financial formulae. Ability to calculate and analyze financial reports and performance ratios using math or analytical software. Ability to apply finance and accounting concepts and has strong math and excel skills including what-if scenarios and finance tables.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities: Solid knowledge of financial products/services. Ability to use office equipment such a personal computer and calculator. Ability to be bonded. Able to be punctual and have regular attendance. Ability to listen to others and provide constructive feedback in a coaching/development setting.
Certificates, licenses, etc. required for this position: None
Work Environment: The position operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.