DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Sr PurchaserCA - Harbor City
1. General Overview:
Manage all aspects of purchasing.
2. Role and Responsibilities
- Run Daily Full Scheduler and Full MRP per procedure.
- Run MRP Reports and purchase materials in support of production schedule for Outside Processing and Supporting Components per procedure.
- Manage your suppliers to assure on time delivery and consistent quality.
- Negotiate with your suppliers to ensure optimal pricing.
- Negotiate Terms with your suppliers.
- Source and Certify new suppliers.
- Expedite delayed orders.
- Resolves issues related to inventory returns, and replacements.
- Negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Support the Engineering Team with sourcing of new components and Tooling/molds.
- Purchase all molds and tooling for new programs
- Manage inventory to maintain optimal stock levels and to ensure accurate accounting.
- Manage Cycle Counts per procedure.
- Manage Safety Stock levels per procedure.
- Manage Monthly Part Maintenance Update.
- Maintain accurate forecasts from sales team and share with purchasing team.
- Create and manage reporting to charge customer back for inventory on hand after end of life of programs.
- Weekly review of aging inventory to determine if we can charge back customer, return to vendor, sell to third party or scrap parts.
- Manage Supplier Quality Certificates.
- Manage Supplier USMCA Certificates.
Normal Work Hours: From: 7:00 am To: 4:00 pm
Normal Work Week: From: Monday To: Friday
Qualifications and Education Requirements: General knowledge of purchasing policies, processes, and procedures
High School Diploma
APICS/PMP Bachelors or Associates in Business Admin
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering Preferred Skills : Min. 5 years' experience in Purchasing with automotive industry
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Proficiency in Google (Sheets, Gmail, Drive, etc)
A thorough understanding of Procurement/Sourcing methodologies.
Strong negotiation skills. Sound time-management and organizational skills.
ERP / MRP Knowledge
Excellent communication skills
Excellent math skills
Raw material knowledge (Resin)