DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Commercial Escrow AssistantCA - San Francisco
As a Commercial Escrow Assistant you assist a National Commercial Escrow Closer (s) in the process of assuring that all of the parties involved in the real estate transactions fulfill their legal and financial obligations under the terms of the escrow instructions/agreements as to title and escrow matters, before any funds are disbursed and the escrow transaction is consummated with supervision and consistent with the Closer's instructions and NCTS expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Obtain all information necessary for opening orders across the country and conveying appliable information to clients and department with little to no supervision.
- Organizing and setting up files in shared drive for the Escrow Closers.
- Track the overall timing and delivery of title products including but not limited to the ordering and tracking title commitments and closing packages with supervision.
- Perform a preliminary audit of title commitment(s) and determine and obtain necessary items to clear title for closing, i.e.: ordering and tracking payoff's, pulling property taxes, evidence of good standing for entities where applicable.
- Assure the highest possible quality of work on all files in the department through the guidance of a Closer.
- Seek advisory assistance from senior escrow personnel and/or management as needed.
- Reviewing and approve the recordable documents in advance of closing timelines and timely notify appropriate parties of any insufficiencies in time to make revisions and not delay closing.
- Prepare loan document package for signing on refinance/loan transactions, including preparation of escrow closing documents when applicable.
- Coordinate the signing of documents where-ever they need to be signed across the country.
- Be knowledgeable of company and department initiatives and culture.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONTINUED :
- Promotes the company through participation in public relations and events at various trade and industry functions; participates in customer events as needed.
- Other duties assigned by the Senior Escrow Closer and/or Manager.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Five years previous experience in commercial escrow and/or real estate closing environment preferred.
- Requires aptitude for figures and accounting functions, must have strong organizational skills, and be detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert in critical thinking.
- Expert in reading comprehension.
- Effective time management skills.
- Expert judgement and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge about management and effective use of personal resources.
- Proficient with internet navigation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform successfully under pressure.
- Knowledge of providing customer and personal service.
- Attention to detail, professionalism, organized and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex federal and state rules and regulations applicable to the title insurance industry and communicate same to customers.
- If required by law must be able to meet the criteria and be licensed by the State.
- Business travel by automobile and/or air, if needed.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS :
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time; walking and standing are required, occasionally.