DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Title Policy TypistNY - New York
Summary of Functions:
The role of the Policy Typist is to prepare the title insurance policy, endorsements and related documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Policy Typist may include but are not limited to the following:
- Organizes recorded documents received electronically, by mail or courier. Associates recorded document with file number and logs in accordingly.
- Routes documents that have been rejected back to the appropriate department for correction.
- Prioritizes policies for production.
- Enters data from the recorded documents and marked up title commitment into the title production system.
- Reviews and creates documents for each order request, including policy jacket from applicable title underwriter.
- Produces final title policy and all required attachments for mailing.
- Assists with any requested revisions to order requests.
- Manages calls and emails from internal and external customers as appropriate.
- Performs any other duties as requested.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 1-2 years in Title Insurance/Settlement industry preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office; a fax machine; a copier/scanning machine; and a multi-line telephone.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Proficient typing skills with a minimum of 50 WPM and 90 percent accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task.
- High standard of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under stress with time deadlines.