DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Commercial Escrow OfficerTX - Dallas
Summary: The Commercial Escrow Officer provides closing services for commercial transactions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Manage the overall closing process.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers.
- Provide status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers.
- Review contract, title commitment, and lender instructions in order to prepare settlement statements and the necessary real estate documents for closing.
- Submit an error-free HUD-1 settlement statement to the lender for approval.
- Provide a professional closing experience to include: obtaining appropriate signatures, handling of good funds, and meeting all title and lender requirements.
- Complete knowledge and ability to handle a commercial real estate transaction from the receipt of the contract through funding and disbursement.
- Prepare the closing file for the disbursement department according to the company disbursement guidelines.
- Resolve all post-closing reconciliation issues including company reports and according to company time frames.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team player and mentor to closing assistant/closing team. At times assisting the closing assistant to obtain and/or update file information when needed for processing.
- Closer must know and be able to perform every task of the closing assistant duties as well as their own.
- Constant communication with an assigned closing assistant.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and/or Closing Manager.
- 5 plus years of closing experience.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Solid knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, legal documents, and real property law.
- Ability to build and maintain productive customer relationships.
- Must have Current Notary
- Producer's License is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and documentation skills
- Good customer service skills along with excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to productively interact with peers, customers, and management
- Proficient with internet navigation
- Telephone etiquette
- Attention to detail, professionalism, organized and ability to prioritize