DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Title Report TypistNY - Garden City
The Title ReportTypist supports various stakeholders internally and externally related to real estate transaction and title agency functions. This team member will respond to the needs of parties involved in these transactions, including: closing/settlement agents, title search and examination personnel, underwriters, lenders, real estate agents, project managers, clients, partners, etc. Specifically, this individual will be focused on preparing, proofing, and delivering commitments, policies, endorsements or supplemental materials in support of our general business functions. In this role, you will use real estate title search documentation to produce final title policies across multiple states.
Outside of traditional duties, this individual may also support various other areas of the organization in other Departments, performing administrative functions across an assortment of sectors, including Real Estate, Renewables, Utilities, Right of Way, Government, etc.
Overall, we are looking for a friendly, outgoing and well organized person with a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and desire to find solutions to help customers and partners have a truly remarkable experience.
- Use title search documentation to prepare / type commitments, policies, endorsements, supplemental reports, and billings as instructed, in an efficient and accurate manner, and according to customer instructions and state specific requirements.
- Proofing commitments and policies, correcting errors as needed.
- Working with various software.
- Preparing packages and delivery of commitments, policies, and reports.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly remittance reports for various underwriters.
- May be cross trained to perform other team related duties, such as opening / processing title orders related to residential and commercial real estate transactions across various states, including purchases, refinances, home equity / construction, for sale by owner, and notary only.
- In support of other areas of our organization outside of the title agency space, tasks may include: issuing payments, creating/executing mail merges, organizing mailouts, file scanning and organization, tracking and performing quality control on data, uploading data into various software systems, preparing reports and documents, recording documents, offering notary assistance, and more.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least 1-2 years' experience in the real estate, title agency, or lending sectors is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Positive attitude, flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing priorities, and ability to prioritize tasks simultaneously with a professional demeanor.
- Work well under pressure, meeting deadlines consistently.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter.
- Eager to learn new things.
- Technology proficient, with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Google Docs familiarity.
- May include mandatory overtime during peak season window.