DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Training SpecialistMD - Rockville
We are seeking a dynamic and resourceful Training Specialist to support our Learning and Development Department with a variety of talent development initiatives. Our ideal candidate has a genuine passion for employee development and is unafraid of generating new, bold ideas. If you are a great team player with an insatiable desire for learning who takes ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company's success then read on to learn more!
More specifically, the Training Specialist will:
- Deliver and facilitate a variety of training events in face-to-face and/or virtual environments.
- Acclimate new hires to the business and conducts new hire orientation sessions.
- Perform administrative functions and logistical tasks necessary to deliver and document training programs.
- Periodically evaluate existing training content to ensure its validity and relevance.
- Partner with subject matter experts (SMEs), if necessary, to obtain feedback on content.
- Assist in developing training curricula that meet instructional goals and objectives.
- Assist in selecting or developing training aids.
- Assist in analyzing and assessing training and development needs for individuals and departments.
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in training delivery, facilitation and other components of talent development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by department manager and/or the SVP of Administration.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- A positive credit standing
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Knowledge of basic adult learning theory principles
- 1-2 years of experience in delivering and facilitating training events in face-to-face and/or virtual environments
- Experience working in a Financial Institution
- Ability to lead a full training cycle
- Experienced in selecting and aligning delivery options and media for training and/or learning events to the desired learning or behavioral outcomes
- Capable of delivering training using multiple delivery options and media, for example mobile/multi-device, online, classroom, and/or multimedia
- Experience with presentation media and support tools that enhance learner's experience (projection technology, digital presentation, video, charts, simulations, asynchronous technology)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to generate positive learning climates/environments
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open cabinets.
- This position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office environment with job duties conducted via telephone, face to face meetings, and on the computer.