DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Commercial Title UnderwriterPA - Trevose
- Reviews renewal accounts by examining business operations, classification, contract forms and loss activity
- Determines if account is an acceptable risk or if it will be non-renewed
- Determines price in accordance with established underwriting guidelines and within delegated authority level
- Reviews endorsement requests exceeding Underwriter and/or Underwriting Assistant’s authority level and takes appropriate procedural action
- Assesses new commercial insurance risks and determines accurate classification of business, policy contract forms and pricing of risk
- Works within broad limits and authority on commercial underwriting accounts of moderate to high exposure
- Evaluates MVRs, financial reports, loss control reports, etc.
- Accepts and prices risk in accordance with established underwriting guidelines and within delegated authority level
- Develops, expands and/or enhances agency relationships to promote profitability and growth of new business and the retention of existing business
- Travels assigned territory and meets with agents to enhance business relationships
- Assesses the strengths and weaknesses of agencies and assists them in achieving the mutual goal of sustained profitable growth.
- Works in partnership with regional Business Development staff to identify new business opportunities from the agency force to assess, quote, inspect and accept
- Effectively manages assigned territory to achieve established profitability, growth and retention goals
- Develops, implements and monitors action plans as appropriate
- Monitors and reports on material changes within the territory’s legal environment
- Serves as underwriting resource to underwriting staff and agents regarding products, coverages and rating procedures
- Provides professional development knowledge and guidance to Underwriter Trainees, Underwriters, Underwriting Assistants and other functional areas.
- Bachelor's degree; or 5 to 7 years commercial underwriting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of commercial underwriting guidelines, insurance forms and coverages and a proven ability to exercise good judgement and creativity when assessing and accepting commercial risks.