DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Escrow Officer Floater - Los AngelesCA - Encino
Escrow Officer Floater - Los Angeles County
Purpose of Job
The Escrow Officer Floater fills in for other Officers and Managers in our client's Los Angeles County offices while out, working on the absent officer's desk.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Respond to any customer inquiries in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Monitor the upcoming transaction, review for completeness and compliance, and ensure all necessary information has been ordered and is accurate, i.e. payoff, abstract, title evidence, reports, mortgage documentation, and other pertinent information and review for completeness and compliance.
- Facilitate closings, ensuring all documents and balances required to complete a sales and mortgage transaction are properly prepared and executed.
- Conduct the closing including an explanation of all related documents and closing costs.
- Ensure that title issues are resolved prior to closing.
- Prepare and submit closed loan package, deposits and disbursement documentation, recording package, final policy package, and/or commission package to appropriate department or entities.
- Prepare HUD Settlement Statements and other required miscellaneous documents.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected timeframes and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers, and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct, and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years experience as a Junior Escrow Officer.
Knowledge andSkills :
- Strong computer skills.
- Superior communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to work as a member in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently under deadline pressure, with the ability to occasionally work extra hours during peak times of the month.
- A high degree of integrity, self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and possesses a strong aptitude for figures.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
Other (licenses, certifications, schedule flexibility/OT, travel, etc.):
- Will require approval from the Department of Business Oversight (DBO).
- Must possess and maintain valid driver's license and vehicle insurance.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel on a daily basis through the assigned territory on a scheduled or unscheduled basis.
This job description is intended to be a general guideline for applicants, employees, and managers. Management reservesthe right to modify job responsibilities, expectations, and qualifications. Actual position responsibilities may vary. Refer to position supervisor orhuman resources for specific duties and performance expectations.