DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Real Estate Paralegal - Chicago, ILIL - Chicago
Real Estate Paralegal
Who We Are
Our client is building the future of real estate today. They are an essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of home buyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that's finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
Our client facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Their vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all. Our client prides themselves in their company culture and has been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes. They are committed to diversity both internally and externally.
Who You Are
You are a knowledgeable Residential Real Estate Paralegal professional who is adaptable, resourceful, and deadline-driven. You love providing a smooth transaction experience to the buyer/seller and you know what it takes to provide exceptional customer service. You also think technology plays a valuable role to play in transforming real estate.
What You'll Do Here
- Assessing and preparing contracts, contract addendums, and closing documents.
- Perform due diligence including review of title commitments, surveys, and underlying title documents and entity documents, coordinate and implement transactions and closings
- Facilitating communication between property owners, lenders, realtors, clients, and lawyers.
- Prepare closing checklists, critical dates list, closing documents, various affidavits, certificates, and resolutions and coordinate and control the closing process for various real estate transactions.
- Documenting processes, as well as maintaining hard copy files and electronic records.
- Answering client questions and escalating serious concerns.
- Keeping clients informed of progress made with real estate applications.
- Submitting accurate legal documents in a timely manner.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Function effectively and willingly as a team player.
What You Bring
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Proficiency in drafting and reviewing real estate and title curative documents.
- Experience in reviewing title work and surveys.
- Strong organizational, time management, and oral and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines without sacrificing the quality of work product.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, depending on the situation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office or Google Suite