DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Member Service RepresentativeMD - Rockville
This is not your typical teller role. You will be joining a dynamic team focused on providing credit union members with an unparalleled service experience. As a Member Service Representative you will be empowered to do what's right for the member because you have a passion for helping others succeed. You must possess proven customer service skills, including strong verbal communication. As a Member Service Representative you will be working closely with your branch manager to find appropriate solutions to member needs including opening accounts and offering new products to achieve your goals.
The Member Service Representative will:
- Process all transactions for members, in person or via telephone including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cash advances and transfers.
- Disburse money orders, travelers and cashier checks.
- Balance each day's transactions and verify cash totals.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit in savings and checking accounts, verify deposit amounts, examine checks for endorsement and negotiability, and receipt transactions via on-line teller terminal.
- Give prompt, efficient and accurate service in the processing of all transactions such as opening of new checking/savings accounts, direct deposits, ATM cards, CD/IRA/Money Markets.
- Open new member accounts and provide information to new and prospective members by explaining and cross-selling Credit Union products and services.
- Interview loan applicants, gather required information for a credit application and explain loan options, rates, terms and collateral.
- Present loan product options.
Why Join LFCU as a MSR?
You will be working in a stable and consistent environment in a growing organization. You will have a lot of opportunity for growth and progression as you work in teams with an emphasis in training and development of our employees. Our staff enjoys being rewarded for their success and for the value they bring by helping our members achieve financial success in a community oriented and member-focused branch. If you enjoy learning about banking products and services, and interacting with members regularly to improve their relationship with you and the credit union, this is the career for you.
You must have the ability to maintain a positive and empathetic attitude at all times and be able to communicate with our members through various channels. You will be building and maintaining member relationships and promoting credit union products and services. You must be able to process account transaction requests, work to resolve member inquiries in a timely manner and have full accountability of member requests from inception to resolution. You must be willing and able to do outreach in the community on the behalf of the credit union.
Competencies we're looking for in this role:
- People Focused
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- A positive credit standing
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience
- A high school education or GED.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
- Strong business development and/or sales skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open cabinets.
- This position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office environment with job duties conducted via telephone, face to face meetings, and on the computer.