DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Closing Operations SupervisorCA - Riverside
Closing Operations Supervisor
About the team
Our client, a national real estate powerhouse is looking for an experienced Closing Operations Supervisor or a success-driven individual to lead a new and growing escrow team in our Riverside office. They will possess an utmost desire to WOW their buyer/seller/lender customers by meeting timelines, communicating proactively and regularly, and serving customers with a cheerful, appreciative attitude.
About the role
An ideal candidate has experience in leading a high-volume California escrow operation. They will have experience guiding and supporting a team of escrow officers and assistants; and executing established policies and procedures to drive an outstanding experience for our buyer, seller, and real estate agent customers. They will provide input on workflow design, including critical escrow tasks, and collaborate with our training team to ensure training materials are up to date and available to assist in providing knowledge and standardize processes for the escrow team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure performance standards and closings dates
- Build a customer-centric culture in a positive working environment
- Resolve raised issues that can cause closing delays
- Perform final quality review of CD/settlement statements and other closing documents
- Coordinate with internal banking and accounting teams in the maintenance of escrow accounts and records
- Assist with workflow design and optimization activities
- Guide our training team to build training material, job aids, and P&Ps to replicate knowledge and standardize processes
- Provide guidance and support for team members performing escrow functions including:
- Obtaining all payoffs, taxes, and HOA dues
- Accurately prorating amounts
- Collaborating with the title department to resolve title issues
- Preparing CD Statements and other closing documents
- Address inquiries from transaction participants in a timely manner
- Confirm closing dates, locations, and schedule signings
- Balancing and disbursing funds accurately and timely
This role has been categorized as an Office position. "Office employees regularly work at an existing corporate office for approximately 80 to 100 percent of their time each month. Employees must live within reasonable commuting distance of their designated office. Our client has not defined a reasonable distance and expects employees will use judgment in determining this for themselves and understand the implications re: time commitment and cost of the daily commute.
Who you are
You're excellent at leading teams and overseeing multiple priorities to help actively drive deliverables. You are experienced in supervising a closing pipeline of residential purchase and resale transactions to ensure close of escrow dates are met. You help clarify direction for teams by addressing obstacles hindering teams from meeting deadlines. You love technology and are not afraid to thrive in a primarily paperless environment. You carry yourself professionally and represent our client's Closing Services and the company both internally and externally.
- 3 + years of leading in the title and settlement business, with 5+ years of related closing experience
- Able to empower, drive, and coach escrow staff
- Familiar with standard closing concepts, practices, and procedures of the real estate settlement industry of California.
- Knowledge of residential purchase and resale transactions from receipt of contract through funding and disbursement for a successful closing.
- Knowledgeable in using escrow/closing software. Experience with ResWare preferred.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills with both internal and external customers.
- Familiarity with various title policy forms and typical endorsements required.
- Ability to resolve escalated closing issues quickly.
- Experience in managing closing workflows and processes that quickly move a file to closing.
- Able to calculate discounts, prorations, and commission splits accurately.
- Detail-oriented and precision-focused.
- Ability to drive results and work in an outcome-driven environment.
- Delivers a high level of encouraging behaviors and is able to provide outstanding customer service.
- Able to work in a collaborative and team-based environment.
In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance, and location.
Get to know us
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, they provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations they can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.