DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Senior Buyer and PlannerCA - Van Nuys
- Identify suppliers for packaging and raw
- Manage supplier-manufacture relationships
- Support negotiation of contracts with suppliers.
- Route and track component delivery
- Identify cost-saving opportunities including freight services
- Reporting to upper management
- Project prioritizing
- Manage all packing lists, ROG, and BOLs
- Develop and continuously update and improve demand plans.
- Work with vendors to resolve chronic issues such as lead time and fill rate.
- Inventory levels and replenishment analysis
- Manage and track vendor timing and delivery
- Expedite existing orders with vendors to manage low/out-of-stock inventory levels.
- Resolve supply-related issues.
- Identify production issues and timely reporting
- Bachelor's Degree, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years international sourcing and procurement experience in packaged goods – preferably in beauty or personal care.
- Highly organized with strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to effectively present information and communicate with all levels of management and customers.
- Previous experience working with overseas vendors required.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Flexibility and multitasking
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Office with experience in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Sage or other ERP systems.
- Vendor management and relations experience
- Holiday Bonus
- Health, Dental, and Life insurance
- 401K without match.
- ESOP: Employee Stock Ownership