DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Remote Escrow AssistantTX - Plano
Remote Escrow Assistant
We are currently looking for high-energy Remote Escrow Assistants with industry experience and excellent customer support skills to join a top 10 National Title Company team. This position is entirely remote.
Escrow Assistant is responsible for assisting the Escrow Officer in providing superior escrow services while maximizing profitability utilizing technology, communication, collaboration, and co-existence with clients, consumers, and our client's personnel in a manner compliant with our client's policiesand Procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with pre-closing preparation and/or post-closing tasks.
- Provide administrative support to an Escrow officer, including inputting figures, balancing with a lender, handling disbursement of funds, money transfers, preparing documentation, closing transactions, advising customers, and handling funds.
- Act as a liaison and maintain communication between customers and all parties involved in the transaction.
- Review contracts, commitments, and orders in preparation for the closing and assemble the necessary documents to prepare the file.
- Submit post-closing documents to lenders to obtain funding and disbursement approval.
- Ensure all parties, including buyers, sellers, agents, lenders, or borrowers, receive copies of final settlement statements before closing, after receiving the lender's final approval.
- Coordinate the collection of information to finalize the sale or refinancing of the property.
- Engage in our company culture that emphasizes engagement in values, quality of work, and high performance.
- Engage in ongoing personal improvement and track real estate industry trends.
- Knowledge of our company products, services, and company policies as well asprocedures.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Submit timely requests for PTO and overtime scheduling to Escrow Manager.
- Maintain transparent communication with Escrow Officer and Escrow Manager.
- Interact with clients, real estate agents/brokers, attorneys, consumers, lenders, and any other parties involved in transactions when necessary.
- Assist in conducting e-recordings with local county clerks' offices.
- Escalate complaints to Escrow Manager and maintain records per policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comply with applicable state licensing requirements.
- Learn basic understanding of escrow law, local city, and state requirements.
- Learn basic understanding of RESPA, TILA, Dodd-Frank, and CFPB rules.
- Learn basic understanding and adoption of ALTA Best Practices.
- Ability to read, write and interpret English.
- Possess excellent verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and escrow production software e.g. ResWare, RamQuest, AtClose, IClosings, and/or others.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts (fractions, percentages, ratio's and prorations).
- Possess strong customer service skills and demonstrate excellent comprehension and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple actions at once; the flexibility to reprioritize quickly.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer skills.
- Must successfully pass a criminal history and credit background check.
- 1 year of previous experience in an escrow processing capacity is preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting to 10 lbs.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Days and hours of full-time positions are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.