DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Remote Escrow OfficerTX - Plano
Remote Escrow Officer
We are currently looking for high-energy Remote Escrow Officers with industry experience and excellent customer support skills to join a top 10 National Title Company team. This position is entirely remote.
An Escrow Officer is responsible for providing superior escrow services while maximizing profitability. This is achieved by utilizing technology, communication, and collaboration skills to co-exist with clients, consumers, and our client's personnel in a manner compliant with our client's Policies and Procedures, state, and other laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop a high-performing escrow desk.
- Prepares or secures deeds or other documents related to Escrow.
- Disburses funds as authorized by the Escrow instructions, including charges for title insurance, recording fees, real estate commissions, and loan payoffs.
- Prepares final statements for the involved parties.
- Secures releases of all contingencies or other conditions as imposed on any particular Escrow.
- Engage in our company culture that emphasizes employee engagement, values, quality of work, and high performance.
- Serve as a central point of communication between involved parties.
- Engage in ongoing personal improvement, self-marketing, and tracking of industry trends.
- Cooperate in monthly review of Trial Balance/Un-cashed checks reports and ensure items are cleared regularly.
- Knowledge of our company products, services, and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain transparent communication with Escrow Manager.
- Interact with clients, real estate agents/brokers, attorneys, consumers, lenders, and other parties involved in transactions.
- Complete real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements, clearing title, assembling, preparing, reviewing closing documents, disbursing funds.
- Determine escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Obtain clear title by ordering title reports, resolving title defects, satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
- Preparing transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
- Completing calculations by prorating taxes and interest-purchase transactions only.
- Completing closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
- Complete closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title; prepare HUD by utilizing lender instructions.
- Close escrow accounts by balancing and dispersing funds.
- Comply with regulatory requirements by adhering and enforcing adherence to requirements.
- Enhancing organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Escalate complaints appropriately and maintain records per policies and procedures.
- Train, mentor, and cultivate co-workers to improve the overall work experience at our company.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Comply with applicable state licensing requirements and our client's Scholar training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of escrow law, local city, and state requirements.
- Thorough understanding of RESPA, TILA, Dodd-Frank, and CFPB rules.
- Thorough understanding and adoption of ALTA Best Practices.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts (fractions, percentages, ratio's and proration).
- Strong customer service skills; demonstrate excellent comprehension and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple actions at once; the flexibility to reprioritize quickly.
- Possess leadership qualities; understand the importance of setting a good example of uncompromising dedication to accomplish the company's vision and goals.
- Desire to engage in personal growth development.
- Strong ability to present information and respond to questions from personnel, clients, and consumers.
- Act as an innovator by generating ideas to encourage collaboration, critical thinking, and engagement, and solving practical problems.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read, write and interpret in English.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and escrow production software, e.g., ResWare, RamQuest, AtClose, IClosings, and/or others.
- Possess five years of related experience and/or training.
- Must successfully pass a criminal history and credit background check.
- College degree in business or finance.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 lbs.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Days and hours of full-time positions are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.