DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Payroll Manager Mandarin Speaker preferredCA - City of Industry
Manage the preparation, distribution, and reporting processes for payroll. Oversee the calculation of wages, overtime, and deductions to ensure compliance with federal and state laws. Ensure that payments and government reports are disbursed timely and accurately. Establish policies and procedures for the payroll function.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Design, evaluate and modify benefits policies to ensure that programs are current, competitive, and in compliance with legal requirements.
- Analyze compensation policies, government regulations, and prevailing wage rates to develop a competitive compensation plan.
- Fulfill all reporting requirements of all relevant government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Direct preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, compensation, and personnel policies.
- Administer, direct, and review employee benefit programs, including the integration of benefit programs following mergers and acquisitions.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Identify and implement benefits to increase the quality of life for employees, by working with brokers and researching benefits issues.
- Manage the design and development of tools to assist employees in benefits selection, and to guide managers through compensation decisions.
- Prepare detailed job descriptions and classification systems and define job levels and families, in partnership with other managers.
- Prepare budgets for personnel operations.
Skills / Requirements / Qualifications:
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Accounting software — Intuit QuickBooks software; Intuit Quicken software
- Electronic mail software — Email software; Microsoft Outlook; Novell GroupWise
- Human resources software — ADP Enterprise HRMS; API Navigator; Human Resource MicroSystems HR Entre; Sage Abra HRMS
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Time accounting software — ADP eTIME; Unitime Systems Software; Virtual Software Virtual Timecard; WorkForce Software EmpCenter Time and Attendance
- Word processing software — Microsoft Word
- Education: 4-yr Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Related Experience:32 years in similar positions
- Fluent in Mandarin and English preferred