DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
GIS Mapping TechnicianCA - Glendale
The GIS Mapping Technician supports the GIS Specialist in creating maps for potential and current clients and updating and maintaining customer and spatial databases. The intern exercises proactive judgement in assisting the GIS Specialist maintain and improve mapping processes and standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain GIS content to ensure datasets and spatial tools are current, accurate, and relevant.
- Edit, analyze, perform quality control, and create/maintain metadata on existing GIS datasets
- Use geoprocessing tools, geocoding services, and spatial overlays to create, edit, and enrich both spatial and non-spatial datasets
- Research and implement opportunities to improve decision-making with enhanced GIS data quality
- Interact with enterprise data systems using Python, SQL Server Management Studio, ArcCatalog, and Alteryx to update GIS datasets
- Create and maintain web mapping applications to meet business needs across the organization.
- Create, publish, and optimize map services through ArcGIS Server
- Configure reports and charts using ArcGIS Server and Geocortex Report Designer
- Create and configure Geocortex sites using Geocortex Essentials Manager
- Develop new GIS tools and functionality using Geocortex Workflow Designer and Geocortex Workflow 5
- Troubleshoot performance and connectivity issues using Fiddler or other debugging software and work closely with the Information Technology Department and vendor technical support teams
- Maintain enterprise GIS software and infrastructure. Create and update documentation on GIS maintenance and monitoring processes resulting in SOPs.
- Support GIS users, including sr management, through training, technical support, and spatial analysis.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and mapping requests for sr management.
Top Skills Details:
- Gis,Geospatial, Sql queries, Python, alteryx, ArcGIS
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Business Analyst, and Portal for ArcGIS
- Experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and/or SQL Server Management