DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Jr Escrow Officer - CarlsbadCA - Carlsbad
Junior Escrow Officer - Carlsbad, CA
Purpose of JobThe Junior Escrow Officer performs a variety of clerical duties including, but not limited to, reviewing escrow contracts and loan documents, preparing escrow instructions and various reports, monitoring the progress of loan approvals, and ordering loan documents. The Junior Escrow Officer may have their own refinance escrows and work independently on those files.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Assist Escrow Officer on all files.
- Accept calls and receive and review all new escrow contracts, if Escrow Officer is unavailable.
- Prepare escrow instructions and distribute them for review.
- Make corrections to escrow instructions as agreed upon.
- Prepare amendments as requested and distribute for approval.
- Abstract preliminary title report and note exceptions.
- Review termite report to verify all items have been completed and note status report if completion is needed.
- Monitor new lender activity and progress of loan approval.
- Order and review loan documents.
- Review lender's instructions prior to funding conditions.
- Notify escrow officer, agent, and borrower of any items that will be needed.
- Audit escrow files for missing items and prepare any outstanding items, as appropriate.
- Prepare and distribute estimated closing statements.
- Prepare files for document signing.
- Order insurance and review upon receipt.
- Package loan documents for return to the lender.
- Forward deed of trust and lender's instructions to appropriate parties.
- Call lender to set funding date.
- Obtain funding figures and balances.
- When directed by Escrow Officer, authorize and set up recording with Title Company.
- Receive recording confirmations.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected timeframes and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers, and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct, and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Senior Escrow Assistant.
- Knowledge of real estate, title, and/or mortgage business is helpful.
- Strong personal computer skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills with a focus on details to ensure accuracy.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Will require approval from the Department of Business Oversight (DBO).
- If hired as a floater, must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance.
- If hired as a floater, must have access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel on a daily basis through the assigned territory on a scheduled or unscheduled basis.