DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Title Officer Title ExaminerNJ - Lyndhurst
A New Jersey agency is seeking an experienced title officer or title attorney. A title officer reads and examines title searches to determine the effect on properties. They search for claims against real estate that may jeopardize a buyer's rights to property purchased in a real estate transaction. Based on the title search results, title officers will generally recommend whether title insurance should be offered and on what terms.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures of the title industry
- Reads, examines, and prepares title insurance commitments, lien search reports, proforma policies and final policies
- Reads and plots legal descriptions on tax maps and/or filed maps
- Researches public records and other online databases to assist in the title examination process
- Enters data into the title database, generates the necessary documentation, and emails the client
- Completes the real estate closing process; ensures compliance with real estate contracts, lender instructions, title requirements, company requirements, and other written instructions
- Collaborates with the escrow department to resolve title issues (e.g., legal descriptions, easements, lot splits, vesting, tax liens, abstracts of judgments, bankruptcies, boundary disputes, encroachments, and lis pendens
- Title Examing experience a +.
- 3+ years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required: Title License or willing to become licensed shortly after hire
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite