DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Senior Escrow Assistant Newport BeachCA - Newport Beach
Senior Escrow Assistant - Newport Beach
Purpose of JobThe Senior Escrow Assistant performs a variety of clerical functions and may serve as a backup to other office staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Prepare escrow instructions for a resale escrow; open resale escrows.
- Review preliminary reports.
- Review private party payoff demands and reconveyance documents and properly complete.
- Read demands to determine if current, determine if loan itself is current, evaluate if there are any prepayment penalties or other payoff charges. Process special considerations.
- Prepare a substitution of trustee and full reconveyance.
- Accurately prepare purchase money notes and trust deeds, as directed and approved.
- Prepare and proofread complicated amendments: pay bills through escrow, terms of sale, holding funds after closing, release of funds prior to closing, etc., as directed and approved.
- Obtain approval terms and evaluate lender conditions.
- Properly calculate prorations.
- Prepare estimated closing statements for a sale escrow calculate demands, payoff interest, prepaid interest, escrow charges, title charges, account for all bills, and consider terms of escrow instructions, as directed and approved.
- Prepare final title transmittal
- Balance funding figures in the settlement menu.
- Authorize recordings, as directed and approved.
- Audit and balance a refinance and resale escrow, as directed and approved.
- Prepare checks.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected timeframes and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers, and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct, and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year of previous escrow assistant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of escrow, real estate, title, and/or mortgage business helpful.
- Ability to handle multiple line telephone consoles.
- Strong personal computer skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills with a focus on details to ensure accuracy.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
Other (licenses, certifications, schedule flexibility/OT, travel, etc.):
- Will require approval from the Department of Business Oversight (DBO).