DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Escrow Branch ManagerCA - Carlsbad
Escrow Branch Manager -Carlsbad, CAThe Escrow Branch Manager is responsible for the overall supervision, profitability, and operations of the assigned escrow branch including managing an effective escrow branch team and escrow officer desk(s), ensuring compliance and marketing, and growing branch revenue and profit.
Purpose of Job
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
Escrow Branch General Management
- Comply with the Company's escrow processes and ensure proper procedures are followed by all team members in the closing of the escrow branch real estate and mortgage transactions.
- Assign escrow files as they are received; manage through completion.
- Act as escrow branch liaison between company and loan officers and processors, agents, title company reps, and clients to close escrow files with quality.
- Ensure daily and monthly banking reconciliation and procedures are in compliance with company, state, and federal rules and regulations, including proper accounting of escrow funds, reviewing lender packages, recording packages, and ensuring all branch packages are accurate.
- Safeguard all company and branch proprietary, sensitive and confidential information.
- Research, analyze and resolve all issues that may arise from the closing of escrow transactions for the escrow branch. Receive, resolve and respond to branch-level customer inquiries and complaints in a prompt and professional manner.
- Review and analyze profit and loss statements for accuracy, and identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Generate management reports, including projection reports, fee reports, and other designated reports pertaining to the branch as tools for analysis.
- Provide accurate input and recommendations into the budget process as needed and lead the branch to meet targets.
- Supervise, develop and provide guidance to all branch team members.
- Monitor performance of staff members to ensure accuracy and compliance with all escrow laws and company procedures.
- Provide and oversee training and development of team members, develop training and facilitate escrow-specific educational and informational meetings.
- Coach, document performance issues, and manage employee performance.
- Assess, monitor, and request staff as needed for the branch, including company floaters and temp usage. Interview, select, and hire staff.
- Perform annual evaluations and make salary recommendations.
- Track staff scheduled and unscheduled PTO, monitor overall attendance.
- Attend sales meetings, real estate company events, company escrow meetings, and interact with lending and banking institutions.
- Develop marketing plan/materials or education for presentation during the meetings to drive company escrow usage by agents. Identify and manage the fulfillment of customer requirements.
- Team with the regional sales rep to identify new business targets and plans to bring in this business.
- Enhance job knowledge and abilities by taking personal responsibility for professional development and training. Stay current with escrow laws and interpretations.
- Perform other duties as requested or as needed to fulfill the purpose of the job.
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed, achieving desired results within expected timeframes and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers, and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct, and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field; or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
- A minimum of four years' experience as an Escrow Officer.
- A minimum of two years of personnel management/supervisory experience.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; initiative and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented with a strong aptitude for figures.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities with a strong customer service focus.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently under deadline pressure.
- Knowledge of real estate, title, and /or mortgage business strongly preferred.
- The position will require approval from the Department of Business Oversight (DBO).
- Real estate license preferred.