DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Business Development DirectorCA - Santa Monica
The Business Development Manager will report on outreach, presentation, and proposal for property management procurement for all new property opportunities to the program manager. The BDD will set goals, define and implement strategies, and evaluate results to ensure business goals and objectives are met or exceeded.
Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess a knowledge of the commercial real estate industry as well as some knowledge of the commercial development process from site identification, municipal entitlements, construction, and finance.
- Build and maintain a database (whether sourced or referred) of potential prospects/owners in Salesforce.
- Proactively call upon Real Estate development firms, investment firms, individual owners, or commercial real estate agents and present service and product offerings.
- Create and maintain business development material (including but not limited to, management of sales pitches, updates to the property management agreement, onboarding checklists, etc).
- Strong project management, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
- Specific experience with commercial leasing would be ideal but not mandatory.
- Ability and experience in negotiating property acquisitions
- Ability and experience conducting site due diligence.
- In-depth knowledge (preferable) of the National Real Estate Industry, trends, and opportunities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Must have an Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Finance or Real Estate with 4+ years of relevant work experience, of which 3+ years are in commercial real estate investment analysis; Master's degree preferred.
Advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
Proficiency in coordinating and updating shared file formats. Operate basic office equipment such as copier, fax and adding machine. Type 50 wpm.
Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well. Excellent grammatical and spelling skills necessary. Ability to generate, circulate and interpret professional communications. Ability to keep matters confidential.
Ability to convey, interact, persuade over the phone. Deal with Property Owners, Commercial Brokers, Vendors, and other professional staff. Excellent phone etiquette skills are important.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as LOIs, Purchase Agreements, Property Listings. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
Ability to analyze real estate investment deals, build and understand fundamental financial analysis of an acquisition especially utilizing excel. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and area. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Positive, proactive individual who takes initiative and follows through on projects/responsibilities.
- Quick learner and highly motivated self-starter who can work with limited guidance.
- Confident, compelling communicator with developed presentation skills.
- Strong sense of integrity with the ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, handle pressure and achieve required results.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to details- especially in a commercial environment.
- Effective time manager with a demonstrated track record and ability to consistently manage multiple projects with accuracy, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Keen ability to work efficiently autonomously or as a member of a team.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to define and solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to organize and plan effectively and ability to think analytically to solve problems and make proper decisions