DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Compounding SupervisorCA - Oxnard
We are seeking for a Compounding Supervisor
The Compounding Supervisor will be responsible for leading the execution of the production's daily objectives and ensuring we are on schedule to meet the plan. They will deliver Compounding solutions by selecting and implementing metrics, driving initiatives, and delivering on key results to meet our business objectives.
- Lead and Manage the Color Compounding Department
- Build a high performing team by establishing a matrix to measure individual performance and key metrics
- Provide hands-on leadership and technical direction to the Compounding department staff within
- Operations in achieving department strategic, tactical, and compounding goals
- Ensure daily targets are executed by collaborating with cross functional departments and communicate priorities to the Compounding team
- Identify opportunities to help improve current workflows and inefficiencies
- Develop a schedule to determine equipment availability to ensure the production schedule is on track based on capacity
- Schedule Compounding personnel based on demand including determining headcount, overtime, and rework assignments
- Partner with Quality to ensure that all documentation is completed so that the company is operating in regulatory compliance
- Ensure the Compounding department produces high quality Color Cosmetic batches in accordance to formula procedures
- Develop a training program for new and existing team members to ensure the team is cross trained on all technologies
- Manage operations to support daily, monthly and year company metrics
- Responsible for ensuring the team is following standard operating procedures for Raw Materials Weighing, Processing, and Equipment
- Provide real time information when raw materials and/or component quality issues arise to determine action plan
- 5+ years of experience leading Cosmetic Compounding
- The ability to lead and motivate people, encourage teamwork, and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization to set a clear vision of what determines a successful project roadmap
- Excellent technical, financial, and business background with the ability to understand the technologies and technical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and identify critical Compounding obstacles, and to make accurate decisions based on data
- Successful experience in planning, organizing, and implementing large scale Compounding initiatives and the ability to clearly communicate amongst a cross functional team
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to effectively oversee the activities of the team and with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Able to manage project schedule, task details, utilize project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklists, and project scheduling software and to delegate appropriately.
- Comfortable with the ability to face up to issues squarely and early, resolve conflicts, admit to having problems and seek coaching openly and escalate if necessary.
- Champion the people and the project up, down, and across the organization and with customers
- Identify risks and develop contingencies and risk plan; define project deliverables and develop completion criteria and acceptance plan for deliverables
- Background with cGMP and FDA compliance preferred
- Trained in cGMP requirements, including batch documentation and sanitization
EDUCATION: Bachelors in a field of science required or equivalent experience