DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
PLC ProgrammerCA - Oxnard
We are seeking for a PLC Programmer
We are seeking a PLC Programmer who will design electrical schematics as well as software applications for automated assembly machinery. This position will the support the company's key results with equipment safety, cost reduction through automation, and advanced manufacturing innovation.
- Review PLC project requirements and specifications to meet functionality and design needs
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Create electrical schematics and specify components
- Perform data analysis and computation using spreadsheets.
- Analyze data and present as part of decision logic
- Code and develop PLC programs for safety and for optimized productivity
- Set up and test manufacturing equipment under power; root cause and debug.
- Operate, and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures and OSHA LOTO regulations for equipment under power
- Assist in the production startup and qualification of automated control systems.
- Verify and validate work to ensure completed project meets expected specifications and results
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures considering both immediate corrective actions as well as future preventative measures
- Work to develop equipment improvement opportunities; provide actionable suggestions to potential cost-saving or quality enhancing projects
- Appropriately comment and document code to enable future retrieval and conduct code reviews
- Support and continuously improve PLC programs for optimized productivity
- Regularly attend cross-departmental meetings to assure internal customer needs are satisfied
- Track actions and monitor progress, providing regular verbal and written status to management.
- Deliver to agreed metrics, targets, and deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager
- 5 years in roles working on equipment of comparable design and complexity
- Knowledge and compliance with safety protocols.
- Knowledge and adherence to OSHA and CALOSHA guidelines.
- Safety circuit design and validation S
- ingle and three phase circuit design experience (120VAC, 240VAC, 24VDC).
- Power and sensing.
- Must have excellent blueprint and electrical, controls, schematic/ladder logic comprehension skills. PID control.
- Ability to specify electrical components.
- Fundamental understanding of automated indexing equipment and motion control technology for material handling. Understanding of sensors, timers, stepper motors.
- PLC/HMI programming skills.
- Visual Basic
- C based Language
- Industrial control panel and HMI design and layout.
- Soldering skills.
- Uses a smart phone to communicate professionally and effectively with other team members using voice, email, text, photos, video.
- Flexibility to schedule work hours as required.
- This includes occasional weekends.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.