DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Sr Molding ManagerCA - Oxnard
We are seeking for a Sr. Molding Manager
The Sr. Molding Manager will drive plastic injection molding excellence for Operations. They will provide leadership with a focus on manufacturing performance and efficiency. As the primary supplier of molded components to assembly operations, this leader will work cross-functionally to ensure alignment and delivery to customer requirements. This leader will select and develop talent in the molding organization that fosters a culture of accountability and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and deep technical knowledge of mold construction, materials used in products, and with the scientific molding process.
- Effectively lead and mentor the molding team to create a high-performance culture to drive efficiency and output.
- Align with internal customers and with master scheduling to assure production demands are satisfied.
- Drive the molding scheduling function, including planning machines, materials, molds, and labor.
- Work closely with Product Development, and with internal and external tool makers, to assure proper mold functionality and capacity.
- Assure molding machines are properly setup and maintained to meet production needs with minimal downtime.
- Recommend equipment upgrades and automation to improve capacity and throughput.
- Define and own KPI's for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory.
- 10+ years of injection molding and manufacturing experience with a strong background in lean manufacturing, MRP systems, and inventory management.
- 5+ years experience running an injection molding department.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience with mold construction.
- Experience processing materials used inproducts.
- Experience with color matching for products where the appearance influences customer buying decisions.
- Experience with the scientific molding process.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot issues with mold or process performance.
- Natural curiosity in seeking out and bringing forth new molding technologies.
- The ability to lead and motivate people, encourage teamwork, and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization to set a clear vision of what determines operational excellence.
- Able to effectively communicate progress and status verbally, in writing, and utilizing tools such as reports, tracking charts, and checklists.
- Comfortable facing up to issues squarely and early, resolving conflicts, admitting to having problems, and seeking coaching openly, escalating when necessary.