DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Food Safety ManagerCA - Commerce
We are looking for a Food Safety Manager for one of our top clients
SUMMARY: Monitors, enforces and creates quality and food safety policies, procedures and training materials for production, warehouse and office personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and direction to employees under their supervision by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Enforces plant safety regulations by monitoring employee conduct, ensuring that all employees are properly trained and disciplining employees for unsafe acts and for not following safety rules.
- Endures and enforces full compliance to GMP, HACCP, Food Safety and SQF guidelines.
- Investigates work-related accidents that occur within his/her scope of responsibility and completes required reports and paperwork. Identifies safety hazards and sees that they are corrected as quickly as possible.
- Leads the organization in the documentation of procedures and processes.
- Reviews, maintain and update all required records and non-compliance issues.
- Develops and performs a Training Program related to the areas of SQF, HACCP, Food Safety, Sanitation and Quality and Warehouse policies and procedures.
- Supports other department functions such as Administration, Procurement, Sales, Warehouse and Production Departments
- Responsible for Quality Assurance personnel, direction, follow up, scheduling, evaluations, etc.
- Leads the company through customer audits and third party audits
- Creates SOPs and provides work instructions to QA Technicians
- Generates and implements corrective actions to reduce the number of customer complaints and to follow up on internal and external audits
- Manages and advances the SQF systems
- Works with sanitation department to monitor and improve practices.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and presents and implements projects and procedures to improve them
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be able to handle multiple, conflicting priorities. Must be able to communicate and support the company's policies and procedures to employees in a positive manner. Must be able to follow directions from a supervisor. Must be able to interact with coworkers. Must be able to understand
and follow posted work rules and procedures. Must be able to accept constructive criticism. Must be able to lead and manage others. Must be able to work independently and manage time without immediate supervision.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
Personal computer, email, standard office software (MS Office) as well as Visual Software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually noisy and cold.