DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Consumer Loan UnderwriterMD - Rockville
We are still hiring during the pandemic of COVID-19 (or Corona Virus).
Your health and safety is our #1 priority at JobTracks.
We will be conducting video interviews during this time to ensure your safety.
$50,000 - 55,000
- In accordance with established policies and procedures, originates consumer and real estate loans by reviewing and analyzing the creditworthiness of loan applications.
- Orders credit bureau reports, make direct credit inquiries, approves or denies credit requests, notify dealers of loan decisions, and assists in the cashing of approved loans.
- Responsible for producing a high volume of quality consumer/indirect/HELOC's and 2nd mortgage loans.
- Handles members' complaints and responds to a variety of loan inquiries from internal staff and members.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Conducts interviews and verifies eligibility for providing loan services.
- Assists branch employees with lending decisions and proper documentation.
- Reviews all data presented on applications to determine the purpose, current financial status, compliance with consumer law, and debt ratio.
- Determines if loan requests should be approved or denied.
- Approves loans, which meet approval criteria and authority level assigned, ensuring they are processed and ready for disbursal without delay.
- Is capable of processing a loan from inception through credit investigation, write up and disbursement.
- Ensures that current loan policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Maintains proper surveillance and security over applications being processed and funds being disbursed.
- Informs members of rejection or conditional loans.
- Processes deed of trust loans, which include 1ST and 2nd mortgages, Home equity, and FHA Title, I home improvement loans, to closing and ensures all are complete prior to filing.
- Must be registered with the NMLS before performing any duties related to the offering of mortgage products to prospective borrowers.
- Responsible for maintaining positive public relations with our members. Researches member files and determine necessary corrections.
- Secures contracts and checks at the close of the business.
- Other duties as required or assigned by management.
Other Duties And Responsibilities
- Must comply with the Federal Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering & Customer Identification Policy (BSA), the OFAC Policy, and the Identity Theft Policy.
- Writes up worksheets on loans.
- Responsible for supplies necessary for the operation of the Loan Department
- Insures FHA reporting manifest is complete.
- Assists staff in understanding policies and procedures.
- Handles members' complaints
- May perform supervisory duties in the absence of department supervisor.
- Assists in training department personnel
- Keeps managers informed of problems or potential problems with the department.
- Ensures that all files are secure at the close of business.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And Training
- High School diploma with some additional coursework, certifications, and/or lending training.
- Must be able to meet the qualifications necessary to be registered with the NMLS under the provisions set forth by the S.A.F.E. Act.
- On an annual basis is required to complete the mandatory Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, and Red Flag Identity Theft training.
- 3-5 years credit union or financial industry experience within the lending function.
- Interpersonal Skills Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships or soliciting cooperation.
Other Special Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of lending laws and regulations. Knowledge of Credit Union products and services. Strong communication skills - both written and verbal and the ability to explain complex terms or situations. Strong proficiency in computer software including word, excel, outlook. Knowledge of lending software and reporting.