DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Senior AuditorTX - Frisco
Our client is a full-service title settlement underwriting services company serving title agencies in support of residential and commercial real estate transactions is looking for a Senior Auditor for their agency division.The ideal candidate will perform financial and accounting auditing duties of a complex nature requiring advanced professional knowledge and experience in auditing principles and practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Engage in the company's culture that emphasizes engagement in our 4 Cs, quality of work, and high performance.
- Conducts audits of the company's direct operations and the operations of title agents underwritten by the Company located throughout the U.S.
- Examines business and banking records, documents, methods, policies, costs, and other factors.
- Examines work processes looking for adequate accounting controls and supervisor authorities.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of banking functions with special attention to all fiduciary (trust) accounts maintained by entities subject to audit.
- Conducts post-event forensic reviews of real estate transactions looking for adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Maintains familiarity with and promotes all title insurance and settlement services offered by the Company along with those offered by other companies affiliated with the Company
- Prepares and/or coordinates the preparation of reports summarizing audit results.
- Makes recommendations and reviews audit findings with title agent managers and owners.
- Travels independently, or with other auditors to conduct on-site audits and reviews.
- Responsible for completing audit assignments according to Department priorities as assigned.
- May provide work-related leadership to lower-level auditing personnel on complex audits.
- May review the progress, adequacy, method, and procedures of audits performed by others.
- May act as Audit Supervisor for an audit team assigned to a specific function or operational areas.
- Plans methods to be followed in the conduct of audits, recommends activities and documents to be examined, the extent of a specific audit assignment, and establishes completion schedules.
- Develops audit programs for specific audits or operating entities.
- Highly detail-oriented with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
- A comprehensive understanding of title insurance rates and the application of rates to real estate transactions.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply title insurance rates as filed with, or promulgated by state departments of insurance.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the processes and workflows associated with real estate sales, purchase money mortgage loans, refinance transactions, and closings.
- Demonstrated understanding of how banking laws, good funds statutes, and recording acts affect real estate transactions, closings, and disbursements.
- Proven understanding of the title insurance claims process.
- Solid consultation skills and the ability to seek out information and provide quality advice.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for working with details as well as ability to analyze process gaps.
- Ability to research and analyze data and process discrepancies.
- Ability to resolve issues exercising sound judgment, initiative, and strong critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years recent audit, compliance, risk management, or quality control experience in loan servicing or master servicing.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of auditing principles, practices, and regulations.
- Knowledge of guidelines and regulatory requirements surrounding mortgage loan servicing, performance scorecards, and vendor oversight guidelines.
- Works with discretion and treats as confidential all information that comes into her or her possession, understanding, or knowledge.
- Must successfully pass a criminal history and credit background check.
- Previous experience as a Title Examiner, Settlement/Escrow Officer, or Agency Auditor.
- Advanced education or certification such as a Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).