DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Title ExaminerVA - Richmond
Valid Through: 5/17/2021
We are looking for a Title Examiner to work for a Title Insurance company in Richmond
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine and verify titles.
- Search real estate records.
- Summarize legal or insurance documents.
- Compile lists of mortgages, contracts, and other instruments pertaining to titles by searching public and private records for law firms, real estate agencies, or title insurance companies.
- Search, analyze, and evaluate records relating to titles of homes, land, and buildings.
- Ensure that the title to a property in question has no restrictions that may prevent or hinder its sale or use.
- Issue title insurance, acquire rights of way, buy and sell property, grant mortgage loans, and obtain and protect mineral rights.
- Search public and private records for law firms, real estate agencies, or title insurance companies.
- Examine deeds, deeds of trust, liens, judgments, easements, and plats/maps to determine ownership, encumbrances, and to verify legal descriptions of property.
- Prepare property reports and title commitments.
- Analyze chain of title and preparation of reports outlining title-related matters.
- Examine title reports from outside abstractors.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Real estate, legal background, and/or substantial experience (X+ years) in the title industry.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize and to work well under production deadlines, while handling multiple records concurrently.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent proofing skills.
- Self-directed worker; ability to set work priorities and work independently.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must possess a customer service focus.
Your health and safety are our #1 priority at JobTracks.
We will be conducting video interviews during this time to ensure your safety.
Job Description: A Title Examiner is a legal support professional who assists lawyers with many duties, including researching real estate records and examining property titles. Daily tasks of Title Examiners may vary based on the needs of the employer, but responsibilities will generally include researching the specific details of a title, keeping records of information gathered about titles, reporting research findings to attorneys and other legal professionals as needed and determining the legal barriers that exist in the sale of a property. Title Examining is a career that requires attention to detail, research and analytical abilities, basic familiarity with property law and knowledge of terminology and other technical aspects relating to property titles. Like many other legal support professions, certain qualities, such as the ability to keep confidentiality, work independently and remain accurate under pressure are very important. Requires 4 - 6 years in a related field.
Required Education: Title Examiner
For legal professionals, accuracy and clarity in communication and research are essential to the proper execution of work, and potential Title Examiners need to read documents, write reports and perform research of a certain complexity in order to properly perform their tasks. A high school education alone may not be sufficient preparation for this work