DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Escrow AssistantCompany: Level 2
TX - Austin
We are seeking an Experienced Escrow Assistant to join the team of a busy Title Insurance Company in Austin, Texas.
Our client, a Texas title insurance company, is looking for an experienced escrow assistant level 2 for their Austin Texas office. As an Escrow Assistant, you will be an integral part of our team. This position requires an energetic and customer service-driven professional that will focus on delivering top-notch service. Excellent customer service in a fast pace environment. The candidate will also be responsible for ensuring our clients are satisfied with our service and that our business processes are the best in the industry.
Full Job Description
Location: Austin, TX
This position requires you to work onsite at an office with strict COVID safety protocols. Limited remote working may be possible for candidates after the initial 6 months.
Job Type & Hours: Full-time – 8:30 am to 5:00 pm; During busy times and at end of the month, your days will be longer, but this position does pay overtime to help put extra money in your pocket. The leadership team is cognizant of how important it is for our team to have time to rejuvenate.
We are looking for our next great hire!
We're a fast-growing company that is looking for an Experienced Escrow Assistant to join a high-volume team led by an Escrow Officer with 20+ years of experience. We offer an excellent benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), 2 weeks of PTO, and 11 holidays per year.
About The Company & Position
Professionalism and respect not only for clients but for fellow colleagues are crucial. When it's busy, it's all hands on deck. It's business, and sometimes moving fast can feel a little impersonal, but if you're integrated into the flow of the business, you'll thrive with this smart team.
What's in it for you, besides amazing training and working and learning from smart, caring people? Well, to start, a great benefits package and the ability to truly grow and build a professional career for yourself.
Take a look at the skills needed and know that you're already moving to the top of the list if you meet the most important criteria: being smart; being a forward thinker; being conscientious and detail-oriented (this is a must); thriving on perfection, yet staying humble; and being a kind, warm, and caring person who wants to work in a truly diverse organization.
From there, important skills that come into play will definitely include being technology savvy to work with our systems and video calls with clients; a bit of a love relationship with numbers, forms, and even legal documents; being very detailed minded and double-checking your work, and to restate the most important skill/trait, possessing an incredible "can do” customer service attitude to ensure our company is represented as the premium place to do business where clients will want to return again and again.
What You'll Be Doing
- Assist with any curative required to clear Schedule C and relay timing and document provision need to escrow officers and all parties involved with a transaction.
- "Work Up” preliminary CD/HUD and send all required information to the Lender and including the ICL
- Order Home Warranties
- Communicate and verify commission and DA receipt with agents prior to closings
- Coordinate scheduling of Mail Outs with clients and mobile notary
- Clarify and note how keys will be handled at closing
- Prepare Dinky Docs
- Request bring-to-dates one day prior to closing
- Send CD/HUD for Review/Approval
- Prepare and book incoming wires
- Fund Files and communicate completion to all parties (Handle and disperse realtor commissions; Post all outgoing wire confirmations; and Print and place Zero Balance R&D in accounting section)
- Complete policy Write-Ups and T-OO
- Update and keep current the File Status in multiple locations (including the notes section of RamQuest)
- You'll also be handling a significant portion of client and agent communications
- Note and forward all updated and new agent contact information for shared access of team
- Noting and forwarding all updated and new agent contact information to the receptionist
- Informing reception of first-time homebuyers and creating a great experience for new agents
- As the first point of contact, conversing with and accommodating client needs during contract/EM receipt period, i.e. first impression for escrow team/company
- Executing step-by-step processes on a timely basis, e.g., receipting contracts and earnest money, sending out notifications to all parties, preparing the physical file, ordering title commitment upon receipt of the contract, determining if an HOA exists, ordering documents, ordering taxes, etc.
- Matching invoices with checks and providing checks to the front desk for mail-out
- Setting up file order for packaging and serving as back up for scanning/packaging on busy days/end of month
- Assisting with training/providing support to junior Escrow Assistants as needed
- When all tasks are complete, requesting additional tasks first from the resident team and then from other teams
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as an Escrow Assistant.
- Must have at least 2 continuous years of experience with any title company employer.
- Must be able to independently work up CDs, Settlement Statements, and Completely Fund files.
- Warm, upbeat personality; we're a busy office and a positive attitude is what helps us all during stressful times.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal communications (both written and oral). You believe in customer service and respond rapidly to all customer questions and requests.
- Detail-oriented & quality-focused with proven time management, prioritizing, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability for accuracy while working quickly and reliably meeting deadlines.
- Can stay calm under pressure and while multitasking, and working at a fast pace required on a high-volume team.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, following processes with minimal supervision; we're looking for those rock stars that pride themselves in being able to get things done right and on time.
- Confident computer user (work includes the use of Outlook, RamQuest, Excel, and Web/Social Media)
- High School Graduate
Are you an experienced Escrow Assistant, and know that you're ready for a change? Excellent! Let's talk about how we can maximize your earning potential, increase your skills and share with you what working with an awesome and diverse team looks like.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- senior escrow assistant: 3 years (Required)
- working continuously with any title company employer: 2 years (Required)
- independently working up CDs, Settlement Stmts & Fund files: 1 year (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture