DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Payroll ClerkTX - Houston
Start Date: 1/22/2021
Valid Through: 5/21/2021
We are looking for a qualifiedPayroll Clerkto assist in all activities regarding the management of employee compensation in the company. You will undertake a variety of tasks such as entering payroll information, calculating wages and making payments.
An excellent payroll clerk has great understanding of the concept of confidentiality. You will be experienced in entering data with attention to detail and will have good maths skills to make the necessary calculations. The ideal candidate will be a thorough professional with good communication abilities.
The goal is to carry out all payroll procedures with speed and accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify timekeeping records and consult employees about any discrepancies
- Record payroll data in our software system and verify all amounts prior to cutting checks
- Alter employee tax status as needed as well as any information about withholding
- Prepare manual checks for distribution to employees
- Initiate direct deposits
- Change employee banking records when necessary to process payments accurately
- Record employee complaints, questions and concerns about payroll services and communicate those issues to HR manager
- Maintain compliant policies and procedures for processing payroll checks
- High school diploma/GED required (Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field preferred)
- Minimum one year payroll department experience
- Ability to process basic functions and formulas in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with payroll software a plus
- Strong attention to detail required