DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
UnderwriterCA - San Diego
The Junior Underwriter is responsible for assisting the Underwriter in analyzing and evaluating a consumer home loan application and the supporting documents to assess borrower’s credit worthiness and minimize risk or loss to the company.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the conditions added by the Underwriter at initial approval either as part of the partial conditions review process or final approval review process.
- Analyze credit reports, complex tax returns and financial statements, property appraisals, sales contracts, titles and associated documentation to determine credit worthiness of borrower
- Calculate income for all types of borrowers; analyze various sources of income
- Escalate possible red flags or possible misrepresentation to the manager.
- Provide feedback to management on workflow efficiencies between the underwriting and processing department.
- Maintain knowledge of current Conventional guidelines per Fannie Freddie agency guidelines or investor overlays.
- Minimum 3 plus years processing Experience or 1 year underwriting experience
- Knowledge of investor and agency guidelines and requirements
- Experience in working with Loan origination systems (Encompass experience a plus)
- Experience in running automated underwriting systems (DU or LP)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong mathematical and computer skills
- Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task