DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Medical BillingCA - Bakersfield
We are looking for an Accounting Specialist for amedial firm in Bakersfield,CA
In this role the Accounting Specialist will be responsible for performing a wide variety of complex accounting tasks of a difficult nature requiring an experienced, professional knowledge of accounting principles and practices and corporate policy in all dealings with members, co-workers and others.
Additional task and responsibilities may include
- Provides specialized or general analysis support in various accounting functions such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, taxes, property accounting, and general account.
- Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends action to be taken.
- Prepares difficult journal entries, maintains complex ledgers, reconciles and analyzes specific general ledger and cost accounting ledgers.
- Assists in the development and installation of accounting systems, cost accounting methods, procedures and controls.
- Reviews for accuracy and completeness various financial statements, records and reports compiled by lower level accounting support personnel.
- Supports other departments or branches in regards to out of balance conditions relating to general ledger accounts; trains other Credit Union personnel in the use of the general ledger accounts and FT codes.
- Prepares journal entries as needed to record entries or to correct general ledger accounts.
- Assists and supports the Accounting Manager during month end closing.
- Prepares month end journal entries as assigned.
- Balances complex general ledger accounts as assigned and maintains subsidiary schedules as required for the account; notifies departments or branches of discrepancies noted and follow through to avoid losses.
- Prepares assigned monthly Finance Committee Reports regarding Accrued Expenses, Prepared Expenses, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting policies, procedures and associated federal regulations
- A working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Working knowledge and comprehensive use of personal computers and associated software.
- Ten-key skills by touch
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and arrive at sound recommendations
- Demonstrated empathy for members and staff