DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Bank TellerCA - Vallejo
We are still hiring during the pandemic of COVID-19 (or Corona Virus).
Your health and safety is our #1 priority at JobTracks.
We will be conducting video interviews during this time to ensure your safety.
Ability to commit to a six (6) day work (when needed)
- The Member Service Representative (MSR) will report to the MS Supervisor, Assistant Branch Manager or Branch Manager or other designee.
- They will work with members to meet financial service needs through processing transactions and suggesting new products or services.
- The MSR is responsible for delivering the highest-level customer service, accurate and efficient processing of member transactions, promoting products and services, resolving member account issues, making modifications to accounts, adding account services, opening new accounts, and performing those functions according to the policies and guidelines of the credit union in a friendly, helpful manner.
- Initiate and lead conversations to identify and assess member needs
- Maintain and enhance member account relationships by providing excellent member service.
- Process share deposit payments, loan payments, manual payrolls, and account transfers. Disburse cash and check withdrawals.
- Complete member transactions accurately and timely within prescribed limits and guidelines, or seek approval for exceptions.
- Open new membership accounts and assess for accuracy and compliance
- Research and address member inquiries about credit union services and accounts. Perform account maintenance as authorized.
- Promote credit union products and services.
- Maintain base knowledge of consumer and mortgage loans in order to effectively refer loan products to the consumer and mortgage loan departments.
- Perform outbound calls to members as needed.
- Achieve individual and branch growth goals.
- Identify solutions in support of member needs.
- Observe all security/internal controls, and be proactive in protecting the credit union by identifying fraudulent or forged documentation and/or activity.
- Serves as back up to MSR II responsibilities, when needed.
- Open, close and balance their own cash drawer daily.
- Maintain drawer cash levels within prescribed amounts.
- Post and Log night, ATM and mail deposits. (Part of dual-control team.)
- Adhere to general regulatory procedures including requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering rules
- Accurate balancing within established time frames.
- Ability to commit to a six (6) day work (when needed).
- English/Spanish may be required.
- Assist with branch self-assessments as may be assigned.
- Participate in branch business development and outreach activities.
- May respond to electronic requests submitted by members and/or perform outbound calls to members in a professional prompt, efficient and accurate manner.
- May be called up to assist with translation, if needed.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- One to three years' experience in financial institution or other customer service industry preferred.
- Prior cash handling and customer service responsibilities preferred.
- Preference for working in organizations that place priority on teamwork and collaboration Strong commitment to our mission – creating economic opportunity for traditionally underserved communities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively – both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be trained and efficiently operate credit union systems and proprietary software, including proprietary software (New Solutions, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to work flexible work hours including evenings and weekends.
- May be required to travel to cover other Branches.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to effectively organize and prioritize work.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use keyboard and data entry skills