DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Title ExaminerCA - Burbank
Start Date: 9/21/2020
Valid Through: 5/20/2021
We are looking for a Title Examiner to work for a Title Insurance company in XXXXX.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine title evidence for the property. Make determinations as to whether or not the company should ensure property by reviewing items such as; plat books, maps, foreclosure documents, divorce decrees, bankruptcy documents, judgments, title transfers, etc. Search and examine public records to identify any encumbrances, tax liens, or other defects that could affect the clear transfer of title. Produce a commitment reflecting the results of the examination. If the property is under a certain threshold, make a decision as to whether or not to insure the property. If the property is over the threshold, confer with the underwriter. Recommend solutions on files that are borderline to insure.
- Answer questions from closers, attorneys, real estate agents and others on title issues reflected in the title commitments.
- May monitor the progress of departmental staff to ensure that work is being produced in a timely manner. Assist in training for new staff members and in establishing internal procedures that will increase efficiency and quality.
- May attend various sales meetings and teach educational sessions to help market title services.
- Attend continuing legal education and real estate courses to remain current on the latest title issues.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Real estate, legal background, and/or substantial experience (X+ years) in the title industry.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize and to work well under production deadlines, while handling multiple records concurrently.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent proofing skills.
- Self-directed worker; ability to set work priorities and work independently.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must possess a customer service focus.
Your health and safety are our #1 priority at JobTracks.
We will be conducting video interviews during this time to ensure your safety.