DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Loan OfficerCA - San Diego
POSITION: LOAN OFFICER
REPORTS TO: LOAN MANAGER
Accurately and efficiently process and fund loans, perform miscellaneous operational duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while preventing a loss to the credit union and ensuring excellent member service.
- Accurate keyboard skills and familiarity with 10-key calculator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective listening skills
- Easily adaptable to a fast pace
- Minimum 1 year experience decisioning loans
- Exercises judgement and independent decision-making
- Effective ENRICH skills/practices
- Thoroughly familiar with Company loan products, programs, policies and procedures, and understand all compliance, disclosers, regulations and loan documentation
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Interview, process and disburse all types of loans within established guidelines in order to provide efficient loan service to members and automobile dealerships.
- Assist member and/or dealers in loan functions from interviewing to disbursal/denial
- Communicate loan decision in verbal and written form
- Act as Loan Committee member (as assigned)
- Acquire direct loan decision(s) within 24 hours of application being submitted
- Acquire indirect loan decision(s) within 2 hours of application being submitted
- Routinely respond to each member or dealer request with the most accurate and complete information available
- Complete loan audits within 15-days of funding
- Monitor individual queues/loans to safeguard against any Reg violations
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritizing and completing assignments/job duties within established timeframes
- Complete all required training within established timeframes
- Keep management informed of issues, delays and backlogs, offering well thought-out recommendations to rectify
- Safeguards and protects the personally identifiable information of all member/employee information
- Anticipates and analyzes problems to develop effective approaches to solving them
- Identify member needs
- Associate their need with products and accounts
- Exercise good judgement
3. Assist with Business Development efforts
- Act as a point of contact for Border Patrol Agents
- Process loans as needed
4. Back up lending function at all branches
- Contact members as needed
5. Ensure timely lien perfection
- Complete DMV documentation accurately
- Ensure collateral liens are perfected and report any delays
6. Maintain friendly and professional demeanor at all times
- Provide excellent customer service to co-workers
- Model appropriate behavior by presenting advice and guidance in a positive and professional way
- Display enthusiasm, cooperation and will-to adapt
7. Represent the Credit Union in a professional manner in all areas of staff and
member relations in order to reflect a positive image of Cabrillo Credit Union.
Uphold and embrace the Credit Union's core values.
- EMPOWERMENT: We nurture and empower our members and employees to achieve ambitious results.
- TEAMWORK: We are a vibrant team of inspired people who make big things happen.
- HONESTY: We always operate with integrity.
- SERVICE: We serve our members with passion
- COOPERATIVE: We find meaningful ways to give back to the community that we support