DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Mortgage UnderwriterOR - Remote
JobTracks is looking for a Loan or Mortgage Underwriter to fill a Mortgage Banking opening at a Mortgage company located in Remote. The ideal Mortgage Underwriter Candidate should be able to have the following Mortgage Industry Skills:
Requirements of the Mortgage Underwriter Job:
• Conducts interviews and verifies eligibility for providing loan services.
• Assists branch employees with lending decisions and proper documentation.
• Reviews all data presented on applications to determine purpose, current financial status, compliance with consumer law and debt ratio.
• Determines if loan requests should be approved or denied.
• Approves loans, which meet approval criteria andauthority level assigned, insuring they are processed and ready for disbursal without delay.
• Is capable of processing a loan from inception through credit investigation, write up and disbursement.
• Insures that current loan policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
• Maintains proper surveillance and security over applications being processed and funds being disbursed.
• Informs members of rejection or conditional loans.
• Processes deed of trust loans, which include 1ST and 2nd mortgages, Home equity, and FHA Title, I home improvement loans, to closing and ensures all are complete prior to filing.
• Must be registered with the NMLS before performing any duties related to the offering of mortgage products to prospective borrowers.
Salary and Benefits of the Mortgage Underwriter position:
- Salary $85,000 - 120,000 Depending on Experience
- Partial Remote and Possible Full Remote Opportunity
- Full Time position minimum 40 hours per week
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Additional Company benefits potentially available
• Must comply with the Federal Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering & Customer Identification Policy (BSA), the OFAC Policy and the Identity Theft Policy.
• Writes up worksheets on loans.
• Responsible for supplies necessary for the operation of the Loan Department
• Insures FHA reporting manifest is complete.
• Assists staff in understanding policies and procedures.
• Handles members' complaints
• May perform supervisory duties in the absence of department supervisor.
• Assists in training department personnel
• Keeps managers informed of problems or potential problems with the department.
• Ensures that all files are secure at the close of business.
Minimum Qualificationsof the Mortgage Underwriter position:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And Trainingof the Mortgage Underwriter position:
• High School diploma with some additional coursework, certifications, and/or lending training.
• Must be able to meet the qualifications necessary to be registered with the NMLS under the provisions set forth by the S.A.F.E. Act.
• On an annual basis is required to complete mandatory Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, and Red Flag Identity Theft training.
Prior Experienceof the Mortgage Underwriter position:
• 3-5 years credit union or financial industry experience within the lending function.
Interpersonal Skills Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships or soliciting cooperation.
Other Special Skills And Abilitiesof the Mortgage Underwriter position:
• Knowledge of lending laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of Credit Union products and services.
• Strong communication skills - both written and verbal and the ability to explain complex terms or situations.
• Strong proficiency in computer software including word, excel, outlook. • Knowledge of lending software and reporting.