DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Loan Specialist - Real EstateCA - San Diego
We have an exciting opportunity at one of our clients in Central San Diego area - Real Estate Loan Specialist! This is a long-term temporary assignment with an immediate start, located in Kearny Mesa. Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Real Estate, Loan Specialist performs post-closing tasks such as preparing for imaging, delivery to servicer, ensures compliance with approval terms, credit union policies and governmental regulations. Assists Funder/Document Drawer to prepare final loan documents for 1st and 2nd mortgages including credit lines. Assists Loan Processors by ordering title, escrow, appraisals and other services. Provides quality service to meet or exceed member expectations.
- Assists Loan Processors by ordering title, escrow, appraisals and other services as needed. Gathers, organizes vendor reports and borrower information, updates computer systems and completes checklists. Handles routine member contacts.
- Prepares funded loan files for member notification and prepares designated files for delivery to investors/sub-servicer per established deadlines. Prepares files for imaging, follows up for trailing documents for imaging, filing and shipping to investor. Maintains various post-closing logs.
- Transfers principal loan payments received from member or escrow to sub-servicer, forwards Notes / Deeds on paid-in-full loans to sub-servicer upon request and performs file maintenance (image, shred or store) on Collateral Files per procedures.
- Prepares final documents for all loan products in an accurate manner meeting necessary timeframes. Coordinates timely delivery schedule with member or signing agent as required.
- Handles incoming telephone calls, answers basic real estate related questions. Distributes mail and scanned documents daily. Handles various department needs such as supply orders, approvals for invoices, and minor equipment maintenance.
- The experience as acquired from a high school diploma or equivalent, plus 3 or more years of consumer or real estate lending experience in areas such as preparation of loan documents, processing, ordering appraisals, title reports or providing member service.
- A good knowledge of real estate loan terminology, documents and types of loans.
- Organized, ability to work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to use a personal computer, word processing software and calculator.
- Ability to arrive for work on time, follow directions from a supervisor, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow policies and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
- NMLS registration required.