DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Senior Underwriting and Claims CounselCO - Denver
Senior Underwriting & Claims Counsel
Our client, a regional underwriter headquartered in Denver, Colorado seeks a senior underwriting and claims counsel to support their multi-state, multi-location title and underwriter operations.
With more than 50 years of experience serving Colorado, Minnesota, Utah, and North Dakota in real property transactions, our client is uniquely suited to provide title insurance information and underwriting services to its members and to consumers. They issue tens of thousands of insurance policies and commitments yearly, at competitive prices.
They have developed a reputation for best-in-class service, outstanding underwriting and claims support, and strong agent training. This exciting new opportunity will ensure the continued growth and success of our client while ultimately providing the best in title insurance for consumers.
Our client is looking for a dynamic, forward-thinking individual to support their growing regional title insurance underwriter operations. Must have a strong understanding in a practical way of the title insurance underwriter/title agency business including claims, title examination, title production, and title search. Provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies. Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance. Provides guidance to company personnel in the performance of real estate settlement services. Issues underwriting standards and guidelines in accordance with established company processes. Handles all title insurance claims in an efficient manner.
Qualifications & Experience
- The candidate must have a strong understanding of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of real estate title and settlement process.
- General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services.
- Must have a general understanding of underwriting real estate transactions for the issuance of title insurance policies.
- Should have the ability to collaborate and act decisively.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must have excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must have good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and timely follow up.
- Should have strong negotiation skills. Must have abstract thinking and creative solutions.
- Law Degree required.
- Should be admitted to practice in the state of employment.
- Must have 3-5 years' title underwriting experience.
- Must be familiar with real estate law. Should be licensed to practice law, in good standing
- Provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies.
- Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance.
- Provides guidance to company personnel in the performance of real estate settlement services.
- Issues underwriting standards and guidelines in accordance with established company processes.
- Manages the client's claims management system.
- Manages and monitors all claims and claims in litigation involving client's insureds on assigned files within designated geographic areas.
- Manages and monitors all legal services and legal representation of the client's insureds on assigned files within designated geographic areas.
- Monitors and provides updates and legal consultation services for all phases of the claims management system.
- Maintains the integrity of the client's claims management system and legal files by providing monthly updates on claims and ensuring the sufficiency of reserves.
- Minimizes policy losses through early identification, payment and settlement of losses, and through education.
- Assists in Salvage operations.
- Prepares in a timely fashion all required reports.
- Provides regulatory certifications related to the sufficiency of the client's reserves or any other matter as required by regulations