DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Title Insurance Licensed Underwriter - RemoteFL - Coral Gables
Under the general direction of the Title Production Manager, the Title Underwriter communicates with settlement offices to coordinate preparation of title insurance commitments and policies for Virginia as assigned. Regular, predictable and dependable attendance is essential to satisfactory performance of this job.
- Reviews title work and surveys and prepares title insurance commitment with a minimum review by team leader or senior underwriter
- Contacts title insurance underwriter's counsel to resolve underwriting problems.
- Obtains approvals from title insurance underwriter's counsel for large or abnormal policies.
- Prepares invoices showing premiums for insurance; forwards commitments and invoices to appropriate settlement offices.
- Provides endorsements and/or additional documentation to settlement offices upon request.
- Prepares title insurance policies; mails completed policies to lender and owner.
- Answers phones and provides informed response to callers.
- Monitors files on computer software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Real estate title / underwriting experience preferred
- Must be detail oriented with good verbal and written communication skills; must have thorough knowledge of word processing
- Ramquest experience a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Underwriting: 2 years (Preferred)